Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cali Gard Gets Probation for Impersonating, Weapons Charge

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    The guy falsified his DMV records to get exempt tags, according to several folks on Officer.com.
    I'm not really familiar with the statutes in California, but if they are similar to mine, then he should also be charged with forgery, which is also a felony.
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by The_Mayor
      He probably had a friend or some connection in the DMV that gave him cold plates.
      either that or the were stolen.
      Todd

      Comment


      • #18
        For a minute there, I thought this was a late-breaking news story... then I realized its a long dead, forgotten, but apparently not looked over article.
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

        Comment


        • #19
          We had a private S/O come into our ER wanting to be seen. He had parked his company squad in our front driveway which is reserved for pick up and drop off of patients, and special permit parking. This guy was armed and we only allow LE to carry firearms mostly because it is a county hospital. We have an office / control booth in Triage with a gun lock box. We advised him that we could either lock it up for him and he could hold on to the key or he would have to secure the gun in his squad because he was not allowed to carry it inside. So, he had options. But he insisted that he was a "federal agent" and not allowed to surrender his weapon. In reality, he was a private contract S/O, contracted by the feds, you know, the guys that carry the issued wheel guns. He was mad, very adimate that he was a federal agent, and we asked him if he was licenced by the state of Minnesota as a peace officer. He said "yes." Well, we knew he was full of it, but my supervisor caved in and allowed him to be seen in one of the patient rooms directly behind the Triage desk for his "headache." Who goes to an emergeny department at a level 1 trauma center for a headache? Nevermind, that's a dumb question considering we've had people show up in an ambulence complaining of belly-button lint. I would have called PD and had him arrested for impersonating. It's idiots like that that make us all look bad.
          Last edited by sgtnewby; 03-20-2007, 03:52 PM.
          Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by sgtnewby
            We had a private S/O come into our ER wanting to be seen. He had parked his company squad in our front driveway which is reserved for pick up and drop off of patients, and special permit parking. This guy was armed and we only allow LE to carry firearms mostly because it is a county hospital. We have an office / control booth in Triage with a gun lock box. We advised him that we could either lock it up for him and he could hold on to the key or he would have to secure the gun in his squad because he was not allowed to carry it inside. So, he had options. But he insisted that he was a "federal agent" and not allowed to surrender his weapon. In reality, he was a private contract S/O, contracted by the feds, you know, the guys that carry the issued wheel guns. He was mad, very adimate that he was a federal agent, and we asked him if he was licenced by the state of Minnesota as a peace officer. He said "yes." Well, we knew he was full of it, but my supervisor caved in and allowed him to be seen in one of the patient rooms directly behind the Triage desk for his "headache." Who goes to an emergeny department at a level 1 trauma center for a headache? Nevermind, that's a dumb question considering we've had people show up in an ambulence complaining of belly-button lint. I would have called PD and had him arrested for impersonating. It's idiots like that that make us all look bad.
            Unfortunately, many people do believe that he is a sworn law enforcement officer. And by "many people," I mean law enforcement officers and websites. Its even worse when the contract guards are called "police officers," such as on the Marshall Islands.

            I've met a few DOD Gate Guards. They fully believe they are federal law enforcement officers. What they fail to realize is, off that base, they become a civilian. Just like a VA Police Officer used to be. Of course, for the longest while, the VA Police were security guards.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

            "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

            Comment


            • #21
              In the case of the guard in Cali resembling a deputy, that's why Minnesota only allows security to wear black, white, or gray. Police in Minnesota, with the exception of white sometimes, don't wear those colors for the most part. It always surprises me when I'm in another state and I see security wearing blues, browns, and tans. That would never fly in Minnesota. Actually, now that I think of it, another (now former) county hospital in the twin cities wore navy blue uniforms as security, and now that it's a private hospital, they still do. We wear black. I wonder how they get away with with that...
              Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

              Comment


              • #22
                In California the only way to where a uniform that resembles a Peace officers uniform is if we get permission from the head of that agency(i.e. Chief or Sheriff)
                We only where Gray, white, or baby blue, with black or navy blue trousers. Unless you are a cpo or bpo with wackenhut.
                Todd

                Comment


                • #23
                  Ok It states that he was only cited on his way out of court. Shouldn't the court security that are stationed in the actual court room have said hey this guy is a security guard and that the reason he is on trial is cause he was impersonating a real cop. Oh!! wait a min he is packing in a court of law and not a cop. Maybe we need to take him down before he shoots the judge. Something seems pretty lax in that towns court system.
                  THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                  THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                  http://www.boondocksaints.com/

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Chucky
                    Ok It states that he was only cited on his way out of court. Shouldn't the court security that are stationed in the actual court room have said hey this guy is a security guard and that the reason he is on trial is cause he was impersonating a real cop. Oh!! wait a min he is packing in a court of law and not a cop. Maybe we need to take him down before he shoots the judge. Something seems pretty lax in that towns court system.
                    the stupidest thing of all is that it was in San diego, CA. There is a population of around 1.2million people(2002). It is the second largest city in California. Yet court security still didn't catch himuntil he was leaving?
                    Todd

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Chucky
                      Ok It states that he was only cited on his way out of court. Shouldn't the court security that are stationed in the actual court room have said hey this guy is a security guard and that the reason he is on trial is cause he was impersonating a real cop. Oh!! wait a min he is packing in a court of law and not a cop. Maybe we need to take him down before he shoots the judge. Something seems pretty lax in that towns court system.

                      I agree, they knew in court that he was just a security guard. It doesn't excuse what he did, but come on. He's starting to seem like he was more attentive then they were.
                      Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by sgtnewby
                        I agree, they knew in court that he was just a security guard. It doesn't excuse what he did, but come on. He's starting to seem like he was more attentive then they were.
                        I just barely found out that LE could carry in court while I was doing transport. We had to walk from the County jail to the court house to pick up warrants in San francisco. The cops looked at me like I was crazy, as I was unarmed in an LE uniform. That's when I was informed that as long as it was for something official, I can carry.
                        Todd

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by sgtnewby
                          We had a private S/O come into our ER wanting to be seen. He had parked his company squad in our front driveway which is reserved for pick up and drop off of patients, and special permit parking. This guy was armed and we only allow LE to carry firearms mostly because it is a county hospital. We have an office / control booth in Triage with a gun lock box. We advised him that we could either lock it up for him and he could hold on to the key or he would have to secure the gun in his squad because he was not allowed to carry it inside. So, he had options. But he insisted that he was a "federal agent" and not allowed to surrender his weapon. In reality, he was a private contract S/O, contracted by the feds, you know, the guys that carry the issued wheel guns. He was mad, very adimate that he was a federal agent, and we asked him if he was licenced by the state of Minnesota as a peace officer. He said "yes." Well, we knew he was full of it, but my supervisor caved in and allowed him to be seen in one of the patient rooms directly behind the Triage desk for his "headache." Who goes to an emergeny department at a level 1 trauma center for a headache? Nevermind, that's a dumb question considering we've had people show up in an ambulence complaining of belly-button lint. I would have called PD and had him arrested for impersonating. It's idiots like that that make us all look bad.
                          The next time that happens, ask the person what federal agency he is with and his picture ID. A quick with the agency will let you know. It is a federal felony to impersonate a federal officer.
                          That is the reason a federal agency sends the patient and an escort with the person. When they get to the ER, the armed agent surrenders his weapon to the escort who is also a sworn agent.
                          Enjoy the day,
                          Bill

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by sgtnewby
                            We had a private S/O come into our ER wanting to be seen. He had parked his company squad in our front driveway which is reserved for pick up and drop off of patients, and special permit parking. This guy was armed and we only allow LE to carry firearms mostly because it is a county hospital. We have an office / control booth in Triage with a gun lock box. We advised him that we could either lock it up for him and he could hold on to the key or he would have to secure the gun in his squad because he was not allowed to carry it inside. So, he had options. But he insisted that he was a "federal agent" and not allowed to surrender his weapon. In reality, he was a private contract S/O, contracted by the feds, you know, the guys that carry the issued wheel guns. He was mad, very adimate that he was a federal agent, and we asked him if he was licenced by the state of Minnesota as a peace officer. He said "yes." Well, we knew he was full of it, but my supervisor caved in and allowed him to be seen in one of the patient rooms directly behind the Triage desk for his "headache." Who goes to an emergeny department at a level 1 trauma center for a headache? Nevermind, that's a dumb question considering we've had people show up in an ambulence complaining of belly-button lint. I would have called PD and had him arrested for impersonating. It's idiots like that that make us all look bad.
                            Was he wearing a white shirt? Sounds like someone from Akal Security? I know they are contracted by the Federal Protective Service Police to guard the federal building at Fort Snelling. The only uniformed Federal Law Enforcement around the twin cities are: Federal Protective Service Police,Veterans Affair Police, Federal Reserve Police, Department of Defense Police, and U.S Customs. If he's a federal agent/officer then he should have no problem showing his federal credential. Also Federal Law Enforcement does not have state peace officer license. Federal Officers have nation wide jurisdiction so state license is useless.
                            Last edited by ForceProtectionOfficer; 03-20-2007, 10:20 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by tlangsr
                              I just barely found out that LE could carry in court while I was doing transport. We had to walk from the County jail to the court house to pick up warrants in San francisco. The cops looked at me like I was crazy, as I was unarmed in an LE uniform. That's when I was informed that as long as it was for something official, I can carry.
                              You said you are in a LE uniform but your profile says you are a security officer. Security is NOT Law Enforcement. Am i missing something here?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by sgtnewby
                                In the case of the guard in Cali resembling a deputy, that's why Minnesota only allows security to wear black, white, or gray. Police in Minnesota, with the exception of white sometimes, don't wear those colors for the most part. It always surprises me when I'm in another state and I see security wearing blues, browns, and tans. That would never fly in Minnesota. Actually, now that I think of it, another (now former) county hospital in the twin cities wore navy blue uniforms as security, and now that it's a private hospital, they still do. We wear black. I wonder how they get away with with that...
                                Spartan Protection is located in Minneapolis and they got green uniforms, what's up with that?

                                Comment

                                Leaderboard

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X