Light Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Bars

I was wondering if anyone has or has heard of windshield and rear deck mounted light bars in green and amber colors.

Originally posted by cdesha View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has or has heard of windshield and rear deck mounted light bars in green and amber colors.
    I have seen and heard of them. I personally do not have them equipped in my car.
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Very common for security in California. Amber is authorized for security and green is not regulated in the state.

California Security Blog
      Domain Registration Services

Comment

All manufacturer reps can order these through the manufacturer. Shop around.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Just curious but your not a fl SO right?
          "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Hehehe... If you are, please look up Chapter 493, Section 6118. You will find it is still illegal, and a violation of your license, to put any color but amber on your vehicle for warning lights.

The new law only authorizes you to operate said light on the public roads or private property. Chapter 493 still outlaws green for Class B and D licensees. (Companies and Officers/Guards.)

Basically, now, proprietary security officers may run Amber and Green.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Montreal Police are trying out a few with LED lights on the rear decks, windshields & in the passenger side door windows except they are red & blue. ALL colours of flashers are regulated in Quebec. (we have government run insurance). Green is reserved for fire department command posts.
              http://policecanada.policecanada.org...SPVM045_MW.jpg
              Last edited by HotelSecurity; 06-09-2007, 01:05 AM.
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

The only companies who stock Green in LEDs are D&R Electronics out of Canada and Tomar engineering. Neither company manufactures interior "lightbars" like what you see in Galls but they both have good selections. If you want the actual interior lightbar (i.e. InnerEdge, Phantom, etc.) then you will need to contact a rep for Whelen, Federal Signal, or Sho-me as those are the companies that make them. They don't stock green but can special order them for you.

Comment

Friend of mine out of Memphis runs all green Whelen LEDs. They're bright as hell.

Comment

Here you go, deck lights... could be mounted behind the grille as well tho...
                    http://www.swps.com/ab2rounrubho.html
                    “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
                    "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

www.speedtechlights.com... Interior lightbars, deck led's, overhead lightbars, etc etc etc.... can't beat the prices either.
                      "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X