Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    .....I prefer clean shaven or a moustache. Old-fashioned? Maybe. Just my 2 cents.
    I guess it comes down to the fashion of the day and there was a time in history when it was fashionable, even in the military to wear beards.

However, I go along with Mr Security, as quoted above.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    I have no problems with a well kept goatee.

Leave a comment:

• VET13
    replied
    I have a goatee and mustasche, always kept short and trim. The client as well as my supervisor has no problem with it even if I am in uniform.

Leave a comment:

• Taser
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard
    "Does your company allow beards for it's male officers and if so what are your thoughts on the matter?"
    Yeah sure, and the female officers too.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Local police up here allow beards. I, being from the south, don't like the idea of it for two reasons.

1. Depending on the site, you may indeed require to put on some kind of face mask as PPE. Guess what? Your shaving it all off then, so why have it now?

2. The current military standards, which the police use, and we use, are no beards. Everyone looks to the US Military for guidance, and they've come back with: No facial hair that won't allow for a face mask seal.

However, most of these security companies should be aware that without a proper reason, OSHA will have a field day with them. Unless you can argue that it disrupts company operations, you have to accomodate people who can't shave for medical/religious reasons.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Agreed... Most of the companies I've worked for or heard from other Officers on, say that only moustaches or WELL-trimmed goatees are allowed... For example, the redhead in that pic (other thread) would be ok, the guy in the middle would NOT.... I myself have a goatee, but I keep it very short, and as tightly groomed as possible so I maintain the professional appearance.

Leave a comment:

• ff000525
    replied
    My paticular account that I work does not allow beards. I agree with Mr. Security, I think that clean shaven or a well groomed 'stach is a more professional look. That's probably because I was in the military for six years, but I still cringe when I get to work and co-workers have a five-oclock shadow going on and its only 7am.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Grooming standards-Beards

Save the beards for detectives or vice. Otherwise, I prefer clean shaven or a mustache. Old-fashioned? Maybe. Just my 2 cents.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    started a topic Grooming standards-Beards

Grooming standards-Beards

In another thread some have mentioned a photo of SOs with Beards. I thought it would be an interesting enough discussion on it's own so the other thread doesn't get too badly derailed.
    A coworker and I have been discussing this very subject for about a month now. He had a beard years ago before joining this security company and wants to regrow it now. The problem is that our manual states that SOs can't have beards. They want the clean cut, para-Police look for their officers.
    My buddy argues that if the beard is kept trimmed and neat, not like Uncle Jesse from the Dukes of Hazzard, and since we aren't working where we will need to wear SCBA or gas masks, then he should be able to grow out his beard.
    So the first topic of discussion would be, "Do you personally have a problem with or a reason against SOs having beards"?
    Next, "Does your company allow beards for it's male officers and if so what are your thoughts on the matter?"

Post away.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X