Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taser
    replied
    The Mr. Clean look can make for a pretty intimidating uniformed presence on the right guy. I was scared of myself when I looked in the mirror.

I missed my hair though, so I let it grow back.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Taser
    I did it once for the summer to help keep cool. Didn't like it too much. I still keep it pretty darn short, but definitely not going to Bic it in the near future.
    Wait, wait, wait! Razor to me = electric razor.

Bic = shaving razor. I specifically say, "Where's my shaving razor," since I use both frequently.

I use an electric shaver on my head for a high and tight. During the summer, I shave it all off in a recruit haircut. I still have hair. I am not Mr. Clean, nor do I require to buy head wax.

To clarify, I look alot like Gordon Freeman with hair, and Anthony Michael Hall from mid-season ER without hair.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Nope... bic is for my face.. I just keep mine nice & short in a standard military-style high & tight...

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    How about hair? Anyone "Bic it"? That is, a shiney razor smooth dome of a head.
    If you're overweight they might start calling you "Mr. Clean."

Leave a comment:

• Taser
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    No, but I come close. Razor it during all but winter. In winter, I put a guard on the razor. Need some hair when its 2 degrees out.
    I did it once for the summer to help keep cool. Didn't like it too much. I still keep it pretty darn short, but definitely not going to Bic it in the near future.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    No, but I come close. Razor it during all but winter. In winter, I put a guard on the razor. Need some hair when its 2 degrees out.

Leave a comment:

• Taser
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Warnock
    How ironic, many police and fire departments have waivers for such conditions and beards for religious reasons are accepted without so much as a nod of the head.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill
    Same thing when I worked for Department of Corrections. There were several Corrections Officers with medical waivers. As long as they kept them neat and trimmed then the State couldn't tell them anthing.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    How ironic, many police and fire departments have waivers for such conditions and beards for religious reasons are accepted without so much as a nod of the head.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Strangely, most companies I worked for (even the warm bodies) would not hire Hemi44. These were, of course, in Florida, where beards are "frowned upon." All of them had, as a pre-employment clause, a statement that:

Any person who cannot shave for medical reasons shall be deemed medically unfit for this job position.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Use an electric razor as Mr. Security suggests. Also use a non alcoholic before shave lotion and afterward, a non alcoholic after-shave lotion.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by hemi444
    ..... I would love to wake up and be able to shave everyday.
    Not that you haven't thought about this idea, but what happens if you used an electric shaver?

Leave a comment:

• hemi444
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    you have to accomodate people who can't shave for medical/religious reasons.
    I, Myself have had trouble and needed to get a medical note stating that I have very sensative skin and could not shave on a daily basis. the third or fourth day i will shave, this way I know that my skin has healed. I would love to wake up and be able to shave everyday.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by EH126
    .... On the other hand, one of our sergeants who in his officer days had the nastiest goatee this side of the mississippi!
    Makes it easy for the assailant to grab the goatee so the s/o can't duck and then punch him right in the snout.

Leave a comment:

• EH126
    replied
    I used to work under a lieutenant at my mall and he had really squared away looking goatee. On the other hand, one of our sergeants who in his officer days had the nastiest goatee this side of the mississippi!

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X