Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squid View Post
    if you are a foreigner you can claim its your RELIGION
    Epic fail, right there. No. You can't. And that's pretty bigoted.

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post

Damn Tiny.
      Did someone piss in your cornflakes?

Comment

I have a beard and so does my supervisor but i make sure my neck is clean shaved and the beard is well trimed. I just cant stand the feel of it plus my hair grows back real fast by the end of the day i'd have a pretty heavy shadow going on anyways.

Comment

Ive only seen one post where they dont allow it (Hospital). Others didnt care if you dont tuck in your uniform top. Sad day in security

Comment

I grew a beard and mustache one time. No thanks.
            I buy the cheapest razor blades
            Wally-Mart, 12 for $4.00
            &&&
            Considering this original posting is "11" years old, some old names from long ago
            Miss Hotel Security from Montreal
            Nate
            Mr. Security
            Charger
            Bill Warnock
            Utah Protection Force
            Lawson
            &&&
            http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Ingio Montoya View Post

Damn Tiny.
              Did someone piss in your cornflakes?
              No. Since when is bigotry tolerated?

Comment

This is one of those things where there is no right answer. It depends on the corporate culture, the location of the site and the mission of the security department. I have no problem with a bouncer having a beard. An EP officer protecting a pop star or an actor is going to have a goatee to blend in. On the other hand, if I walk into the Dewey, Cheatum and Howe Investment Firm to drop off my lottery winnings, I expect short hair, pressed suits and no facial hair.

It is also a generational thing. American society as a whole has been influenced by the music industry and IT worker "slacker" look. And let's face it - if you want to keep your entry level workers for more than a month at your low wage, no benefit warm body co., you're probably going to ease up on the grooming standard, whether it is good policy or not. (And you can blame the movie "Friday" for the whole untucked shirt thing. Uggghhh.)

Comment

i sport the clean shave look myself.

i had told my grandson i had never had a pro shave with a straight razor. for my 60th birthday, he paid for me to get one. i got to say i left the chair feeling like a million bucks
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post

From what I've seen, in a lot of liberal areas companies are hesitant to enforce policies regarding hair styles, beard styles or clothing, out of fear of discriminating against someone's cultural or religious freedoms.

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X