X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by james2go30
    I am in Florida, and have neatly trimmed gotee. My company nor the client minds as long as I keep it neat...now if I were put on a site where they were not allowed I would shave.
    I've never seen clients demanding clean shaven people before. I've seen blanket policies which are straight out of the Army's Uniform and Personal Grooming guide or whatever its called.

Do you work for a local company?

Leave a comment:

• SecurityAussieStyle
    replied
    I nor my Company has any issues with Beards or any form of "conservative" facial hair, you must however either be clean shaven or have a beard, you can only grow a beard whilst on leave.

Long hair on males or earings is certainly an issue though not all security organisations in Australia feel the same way.

Incidentally we could never enforce a "No Beard Policy", local Unions and Government Oganisations would have a field day with any such employer.

Leave a comment:

• Miguel
    replied
    My company hasn´t any rule regarding facial hair. I suppose that a supervisor won´t say anything unless the beard is really bad kept and makes the s/o look like a homeless person.

The only rules that we have in this matter ban earrings and piercings while on duty, and demand short hair for men, not below the shoulder for women.

They aren´t strictly enforced, though. One of the s/o´s in my current site is a goth, and he´s got longer hair than most women I see on the street. The company is chronically understaffed. They can´t recruit the best candidates...they´re happy if they can recruit enough of them.

Leave a comment:

• james2go30
    replied
    Gotee

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Strangely, most companies I worked for (even the warm bodies) would not hire Hemi44. These were, of course, in Florida, where beards are "frowned upon." All of them had, as a pre-employment clause, a statement that:

Any person who cannot shave for medical reasons shall be deemed medically unfit for this job position.
    I am in Florida, and have neatly trimmed gotee. My company nor the client minds as long as I keep it neat...now if I were put on a site where they were not allowed I would shave.

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    I don't care for facial hair, other than a mustache. Old school I guess.
    I'm the same way. I don't care if someone else decides to grow a beard, but I currently prefer to keep myself clean shaven.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    I don't care for facial hair, other than a mustache. Old school I guess.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Me with a goatee I grew in about a week. I took this photo after a 12 hour shift just after my supervisor finally told me to shave it off.

Leave a comment:

• investigator1usa
    replied
    I wear a high and tight or a fade and a short goatee.

Leave a comment:

• investigator1usa
    replied
    I wear a high and tight or a fade and a short goatee.

Leave a comment:

• ACP01
    replied
    Originally posted by BHR Lawson
    I have no problems with a well kept goatee.
    Agreed exspecially since I have one

Leave a comment:

• Dam Guard
    replied
    I agree that beards don't look good in uniform unless they are kept nice and neat. I feel the same way about hair. My hair is balding so I keep it cut extremely short and have a neatly kept trimmed beard and moustache. An SO
    can have a beard as long as they are not on a first responder team where masks are required for Scott air pac ect. at the company I work for. All must be kept professional looking ( hair and beard ect.) and the supervisors don't mind telling someone they look like crap and better look different the next time they report for duty. This is as it should be, at least in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• CorpSec
    replied
    We allow beards, but I don't really like them. We do have training for PPE N95 masks and the officers that have beards or claustrophobia are deemed unable to wear them although that doesn't affect their job status one bit.

I am naturally bald, so I bic the sides so I am not sporting a hula skirt of hair. I think if you are losing your hair, you need to accept it and shave it all off.

Leave a comment:

• Marchetti, David, M
    replied
    Always thought beards looked bad with a uniform unless they are kept very trimmed and neat.

Leave a comment:

• hemi444
    replied
    For the folks that do have a medical condition, my Dr suggested that I try benzashave. Lets just say that it has done the trick.... This is only by prscription and it runs between $15.00 and $20.00.

Leave a comment:

• hemi444
    replied
    Originally posted by Taser
    The Mr. Clean look can make for a pretty intimidating uniformed presence on the right guy.
    A few agencies in and around the frown on shaving your head bold due to some racial problems, unless you are naturally bold. One had gone to court because a group tried to say that he was trying to represent a racial hate group. I believe it was just the fact that a few arrest were made during an incident and they tried to come up with something to get back at the officer.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X