No announcement yet.

Grooming standards-Beards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I worked for the Hut (wackenhut) in the early 90, Hair not below the shirt colar, stash had to be neat and trimmed, no beard or gotee.

At the hospital as long as it is neat and trimmed up facial hair it is ok. Long hair is discouraged.. Director:"if you want to take a chance and get drug around by your hair and get your face pouneded in thats up to you"...

As far as shaving every day thats ok unless you only shave once a week. Then you get a "hay man you growing a beard?"

I had a fumanchew (?) for about 7 years and was tired of it so I shaved it off. as for my hair I use a 1/4" guard.

Comment

Originally posted by ocp
      I think you should be in military type standards but there is nothing wrong with a short well kept goatee. I would have one if I was aloud. no earrings or long hair. I even think silver or gold teeth should not be aloud. does your local P.D. let their Officers look like crap, I did not think so. use them as a guide to what to look like, including uniform and duty gear standards. If you look like a joke then people will treat you like one. watch the coffee stains and cig burns also, I have seen Security Officers out there with both on their uniforms walking around like it was nothing.

I have worn plenty of coffee trust me, but I have and extra shirt with me in the patrol car (in my equipment bag, neatly folded up) or in the winter I would just zip the jacket up to cover my stupid moment.

you don't have to have a military type haircut, but keep it short and clean. if you want to keep your hair long tuck it into a hat like GIRLS do.
      I did that last week. My new white shirt looked terrible and I didn't have the time to go back home and change it. After contemplating my next move, I decided to move my ID badge so that it covered the stain. It worked.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

I think Security Officers look very sloppy and unprofessional with with beards not so much with a mustache.

Comment

Please do not reply to BoxerGuard's posts, as when they violate the rules, they will be considered spam and deleted.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

wouldn't it just be easier to ban him so he can't post? you are the boss man though.
            Todd

Comment

Originally posted by tlangsr
              wouldn't it just be easier to ban him so he can't post? you are the boss man though.
              All I can do is remove spam posts. Only Geoff Kohl can ban people, or even tell them to stop. Since his posts violate the rules, I have chosen to consider them spam and are removing them as such.

Clearer now?
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

In my original post I mentioned that the contract company I worked with did not allow beards or goatees. I had been discussing the policy with a coworker who wanted to regrow his beard but the company kept shooting him down.
                The hospital I recently started working at allows neatly trimmed mustaches and goatees. So imagine his comments when I showed up to work a fill in night at the plant looking like this

He was green with envy.
                Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Both my security director and also manager have full beards. They're kept well trimmed but, regardless, I think it looks idiotic in this line of work unless you're doing something like undercover loss-prevention. Goatees look fine IMO.

I don't recall seeing anything about facial hair in our departments' policies, but I would like to find out how I've seen officers running around with ponytails that extends down to the shoulder blades or have moustaches where the ends extend below the lower lip (almost "fu-manchu" style).
                  ‎"If you can't tolerate humor directed at you, you do not deserve to be taken seriously"

Comment

Grooming standards-Beards

Originally posted by tlangsr View Post
                    High and tight clean shaved for me.

Oh tlanger NA band him before and N.A, know his ip address that's why he called him boxer guard, N.A. knows his stuff.
                    CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
                      Just the former heavy metal guitarist in me making the statement that even the "head-banging rockers, skateboarders, and snowboarders" can be just as professional, ethical, and community service minded as the guy in the three piece suit.
                      Hear hear.

For myself, neatly maintained goatee and well-maintained hair. By which I mean mid-back length, clean, groomed, and either tied back in a tight tail or braided. One can look professional with long hair and a beard just as easily as clean-shaven with a high-n-tight; it takes maintenance, diligence, and a willingness to spend the time making yourself look professional, just like with clothing, footwear, carriage, or any other point of appearance.

Oh, and I pity the next fool who tries to grab me by the hair. All the previous ones found out, to their rather pain-filled dismay, that trying to only accomplishes one thing: puts them within easy reach. And I know a whole boatload of different nerve pinches and joint locks that can really put a crimp into someone's day.
                      "I don't do judgment. Just retrieval."

"The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it."

Comment

I wish that we were allowed goatees or anything besides my stach. Every LE dept in our parts are allowed to have facial hair, our boss is just really old school i guess. I would do anything to have my goatee or my Fu-manchu back. as long as they keep them trimmed and short, they still look good IMHO
                        Originally posted by darkenna
                        Loss Prevention
                        Making Teenaged Girls Cry Since 1976.
                        Some Call It Vigilance, We Call It Controlled Paranoia

Comment

High and tight with a very well kept goatee. Was too high and too tight at one point, my boss told me to get rid of the mohawk. I told him it was not a mohawk but a recon and is common in the marines. He didn't care. So a little less high now. Mustache alone looks obscene to me. Makes me think 70's prn.
                          formerly C&A

Comment

most companies i have worked for are fully clean shaven, however the company i am with allows goatees, that are trimmed cleany, they have a set lenght too.. not sure or i would post lenth requirments
                            Its not how we die that counts.....
                            Its not how we lived that counts....
                            all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

I have been looking to get back into some type of security work at least part time but i grew a beard since i last worked in security. My wife loves the beard and doesn't want me to shave it unless the job was a really good one.

Comment

if you are a foreigner you can claim its your RELIGION

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X