• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAPTAIN KOOLAID
    replied
    Grooming standards-Beards

Originally posted by tlangsr View Post
    wouldn't it just be easier to ban him so he can't post? you are the boss man though.
    High and tight clean shaved for me.

Oh tlanger NA band him before and N.A, know his ip address that's why he called him boxer guard, N.A. knows his stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Taktiq
    replied
    Both my security director and also manager have full beards. They're kept well trimmed but, regardless, I think it looks idiotic in this line of work unless you're doing something like undercover loss-prevention. Goatees look fine IMO.

I don't recall seeing anything about facial hair in our departments' policies, but I would like to find out how I've seen officers running around with ponytails that extends down to the shoulder blades or have moustaches where the ends extend below the lower lip (almost "fu-manchu" style).

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    In my original post I mentioned that the contract company I worked with did not allow beards or goatees. I had been discussing the policy with a coworker who wanted to regrow his beard but the company kept shooting him down.
    The hospital I recently started working at allows neatly trimmed mustaches and goatees. So imagine his comments when I showed up to work a fill in night at the plant looking like this

He was green with envy.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by tlangsr
    wouldn't it just be easier to ban him so he can't post? you are the boss man though.
    All I can do is remove spam posts. Only Geoff Kohl can ban people, or even tell them to stop. Since his posts violate the rules, I have chosen to consider them spam and are removing them as such.

Clearer now?

Leave a comment:

• tlangsr
    replied

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Please do not reply to BoxerGuard's posts, as when they violate the rules, they will be considered spam and deleted.

Leave a comment:

• theconstipated1
    replied
    I think Security Officers look very sloppy and unprofessional with with beards not so much with a mustache.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by ocp
    I think you should be in military type standards but there is nothing wrong with a short well kept goatee. I would have one if I was aloud. no earrings or long hair. I even think silver or gold teeth should not be aloud. does your local P.D. let their Officers look like crap, I did not think so. use them as a guide to what to look like, including uniform and duty gear standards. If you look like a joke then people will treat you like one. watch the coffee stains and cig burns also, I have seen Security Officers out there with both on their uniforms walking around like it was nothing.

I have worn plenty of coffee trust me, but I have and extra shirt with me in the patrol car (in my equipment bag, neatly folded up) or in the winter I would just zip the jacket up to cover my stupid moment.

you don't have to have a military type haircut, but keep it short and clean. if you want to keep your hair long tuck it into a hat like GIRLS do.
    I did that last week. My new white shirt looked terrible and I didn't have the time to go back home and change it. After contemplating my next move, I decided to move my ID badge so that it covered the stain. It worked.

Leave a comment:

• Knight Watch
    replied
    When I worked for the Hut (wackenhut) in the early 90, Hair not below the shirt colar, stash had to be neat and trimmed, no beard or gotee.

At the hospital as long as it is neat and trimmed up facial hair it is ok. Long hair is discouraged.. Director:"if you want to take a chance and get drug around by your hair and get your face pouneded in thats up to you"...

As far as shaving every day thats ok unless you only shave once a week. Then you get a "hay man you growing a beard?"

I had a fumanchew (?) for about 7 years and was tired of it so I shaved it off. as for my hair I use a 1/4" guard.

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Facial hair is permitted as long as it's kept neat and trimmed, no ZZTOP.
    I tend to go with the goatee, no stache. Just the former heavy metal guitarist in me making the statement that even the "head-banging rockers, skateboarders, and snowboarders" can be just as professional, ethical, and community service minded as the guy in the three piece suit.
    Last edited by sgtnewby; 03-16-2007, 09:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Originally posted by tlangsr
    It depends on the site with our company. As long as it is well groomed I have no problems with a goatee and mostache. I just have a mustache.
    My companies standards on grooming is no beards are allowed. Goatees are pushing it, but if kept neatly trimmed is okay. Mustache's are also okay, but no handlebar style is allowed. As someone stated, majority of all police departments are para-military, and the grooming standards are mirrored.

I even go to the extent of you better take the time to go to the cleaners and have your uniform dry-cleaned and starched heavy. Creases better be so sharp I, can cut bread with it.

Leave a comment:

• tlangsr
    replied
    It depends on the site with our company. As long as it is well groomed I have no problems with a goatee and mostache. I just have a mustache.

Leave a comment:

• ocp
    replied
    I think you should be in military type standards but there is nothing wrong with a short well kept goatee. I would have one if I was aloud. no earrings or long hair. I even think silver or gold teeth should not be aloud. does your local P.D. let their Officers look like crap, I did not think so. use them as a guide to what to look like, including uniform and duty gear standards. If you look like a joke then people will treat you like one. watch the coffee stains and cig burns also, I have seen Security Officers out there with both on their uniforms walking around like it was nothing.

I have worn plenty of coffee trust me, but I have and extra shirt with me in the patrol car (in my equipment bag, neatly folded up) or in the winter I would just zip the jacket up to cover my stupid moment.

you don't have to have a military type haircut, but keep it short and clean. if you want to keep your hair long tuck it into a hat like GIRLS do.

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    I have that little sissy close groomed stash and the works like college professes wear. I don't think that my boss cares if I looked like ZZ Top guys as long I produce revenue for them. The boss and clients know that I'm not there for my good looks and seem to consider that and let me on my own. In fact I haven't seen my boss ever. Just keep those checks coming boss.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• james2go30
    replied
    YEa

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    I've never seen clients demanding clean shaven people before. I've seen blanket policies which are straight out of the Army's Uniform and Personal Grooming guide or whatever its called.

Do you work for a local company?
    Yup. A local yet pain in the butt cheap and thrifty company that really hasn't a clue on a lot of things that I only became aware of since joining this site. But beard doesn't bother me if I shave it or not if they got to shave I shave if they cool with it I don't lol...rather keep it but if the post says I can't have it no big deal...job more important than the beard.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X