No announcement yet.

Grooming standards-Beards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear a high and tight or a fade and a short goatee.

Comment

I wear a high and tight or a fade and a short goatee.

Comment

Me with a goatee I grew in about a week. I took this photo after a 12 hour shift just after my supervisor finally told me to shave it off.
        Hospital Security Officer

Comment

I don't care for facial hair, other than a mustache. Old school I guess.
          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
            I don't care for facial hair, other than a mustache. Old school I guess.
            I'm the same way. I don't care if someone else decides to grow a beard, but I currently prefer to keep myself clean shaven.
            "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Gotee

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
              Strangely, most companies I worked for (even the warm bodies) would not hire Hemi44. These were, of course, in Florida, where beards are "frowned upon." All of them had, as a pre-employment clause, a statement that:

Any person who cannot shave for medical reasons shall be deemed medically unfit for this job position.
              I am in Florida, and have neatly trimmed gotee. My company nor the client minds as long as I keep it neat...now if I were put on a site where they were not allowed I would shave.

Comment

My company hasn´t any rule regarding facial hair. I suppose that a supervisor won´t say anything unless the beard is really bad kept and makes the s/o look like a homeless person.

The only rules that we have in this matter ban earrings and piercings while on duty, and demand short hair for men, not below the shoulder for women.

They aren´t strictly enforced, though. One of the s/o´s in my current site is a goth, and he´s got longer hair than most women I see on the street. The company is chronically understaffed. They can´t recruit the best candidates...they´re happy if they can recruit enough of them.

Comment

I nor my Company has any issues with Beards or any form of "conservative" facial hair, you must however either be clean shaven or have a beard, you can only grow a beard whilst on leave.

Long hair on males or earings is certainly an issue though not all security organisations in Australia feel the same way.

Incidentally we could never enforce a "No Beard Policy", local Unions and Government Oganisations would have a field day with any such employer.

Comment

Originally posted by james2go30
                    I am in Florida, and have neatly trimmed gotee. My company nor the client minds as long as I keep it neat...now if I were put on a site where they were not allowed I would shave.
                    I've never seen clients demanding clean shaven people before. I've seen blanket policies which are straight out of the Army's Uniform and Personal Grooming guide or whatever its called.

Do you work for a local company?
                    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

YEa

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                      I've never seen clients demanding clean shaven people before. I've seen blanket policies which are straight out of the Army's Uniform and Personal Grooming guide or whatever its called.

Do you work for a local company?
                      Yup. A local yet pain in the butt cheap and thrifty company that really hasn't a clue on a lot of things that I only became aware of since joining this site. But beard doesn't bother me if I shave it or not if they got to shave I shave if they cool with it I don't lol...rather keep it but if the post says I can't have it no big deal...job more important than the beard.

Comment

I have that little sissy close groomed stash and the works like college professes wear. I don't think that my boss cares if I looked like ZZ Top guys as long I produce revenue for them. The boss and clients know that I'm not there for my good looks and seem to consider that and let me on my own. In fact I haven't seen my boss ever. Just keep those checks coming boss.
                        Attached Files
                        THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                        THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                        http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

I think you should be in military type standards but there is nothing wrong with a short well kept goatee. I would have one if I was aloud. no earrings or long hair. I even think silver or gold teeth should not be aloud. does your local P.D. let their Officers look like crap, I did not think so. use them as a guide to what to look like, including uniform and duty gear standards. If you look like a joke then people will treat you like one. watch the coffee stains and cig burns also, I have seen Security Officers out there with both on their uniforms walking around like it was nothing.

I have worn plenty of coffee trust me, but I have and extra shirt with me in the patrol car (in my equipment bag, neatly folded up) or in the winter I would just zip the jacket up to cover my stupid moment.

you don't have to have a military type haircut, but keep it short and clean. if you want to keep your hair long tuck it into a hat like GIRLS do.
                          SGT. WARD

Comment

It depends on the site with our company. As long as it is well groomed I have no problems with a goatee and mostache. I just have a mustache.
                            Todd

Comment

Originally posted by tlangsr
                              It depends on the site with our company. As long as it is well groomed I have no problems with a goatee and mostache. I just have a mustache.
                              My companies standards on grooming is no beards are allowed. Goatees are pushing it, but if kept neatly trimmed is okay. Mustache's are also okay, but no handlebar style is allowed. As someone stated, majority of all police departments are para-military, and the grooming standards are mirrored.

I even go to the extent of you better take the time to go to the cleaners and have your uniform dry-cleaned and starched heavy. Creases better be so sharp I, can cut bread with it.
                              "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Facial hair is permitted as long as it's kept neat and trimmed, no ZZTOP.
                                I tend to go with the goatee, no stache. Just the former heavy metal guitarist in me making the statement that even the "head-banging rockers, skateboarders, and snowboarders" can be just as professional, ethical, and community service minded as the guy in the three piece suit.
                                Last edited by sgtnewby; 03-16-2007, 09:07 AM.
                                Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X