X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consolewatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Soper View Post

Epic fail, right there. No. You can't. And that's pretty bigoted.
    From what I've seen, in a lot of liberal areas companies are hesitant to enforce policies regarding hair styles, beard styles or clothing, out of fear of discriminating against someone's cultural or religious freedoms.

Leave a comment:

• wascaptain
    replied
    i sport the clean shave look myself.

i had told my grandson i had never had a pro shave with a straight razor. for my 60th birthday, he paid for me to get one. i got to say i left the chair feeling like a million bucks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    replied
    This is one of those things where there is no right answer. It depends on the corporate culture, the location of the site and the mission of the security department. I have no problem with a bouncer having a beard. An EP officer protecting a pop star or an actor is going to have a goatee to blend in. On the other hand, if I walk into the Dewey, Cheatum and Howe Investment Firm to drop off my lottery winnings, I expect short hair, pressed suits and no facial hair.

It is also a generational thing. American society as a whole has been influenced by the music industry and IT worker "slacker" look. And let's face it - if you want to keep your entry level workers for more than a month at your low wage, no benefit warm body co., you're probably going to ease up on the grooming standard, whether it is good policy or not. (And you can blame the movie "Friday" for the whole untucked shirt thing. Uggghhh.)

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied
    Originally posted by Ingio Montoya View Post

Damn Tiny.
    Did someone piss in your cornflakes?
    No. Since when is bigotry tolerated?

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    I grew a beard and mustache one time. No thanks.
    I buy the cheapest razor blades
    Wally-Mart, 12 for $4.00
    &&&
    Considering this original posting is "11" years old, some old names from long ago
    Miss Hotel Security from Montreal
    Nate
    Mr. Security
    Charger
    Bill Warnock
    Utah Protection Force
    Lawson
    &&&

Leave a comment:

• ColePhelps1247
    replied
    Ive only seen one post where they dont allow it (Hospital). Others didnt care if you dont tuck in your uniform top. Sad day in security

Leave a comment:

• Gung Ho Guard
    replied
    I have a beard and so does my supervisor but i make sure my neck is clean shaved and the beard is well trimed. I just cant stand the feel of it plus my hair grows back real fast by the end of the day i'd have a pretty heavy shadow going on anyways.

Leave a comment:

• Ingio Montoya
    replied
    Originally posted by Soper View Post

Damn Tiny.
    Did someone piss in your cornflakes?

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied
    Originally posted by Squid View Post
    if you are a foreigner you can claim its your RELIGION

Leave a comment:

• Squid
    replied
    if you are a foreigner you can claim its your RELIGION

Leave a comment:

• lord of the keys
    replied
    I have been looking to get back into some type of security work at least part time but i grew a beard since i last worked in security. My wife loves the beard and doesn't want me to shave it unless the job was a really good one.

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce
    replied
    most companies i have worked for are fully clean shaven, however the company i am with allows goatees, that are trimmed cleany, they have a set lenght too.. not sure or i would post lenth requirments

Leave a comment:

• junkyarddog
    replied
    High and tight with a very well kept goatee. Was too high and too tight at one point, my boss told me to get rid of the mohawk. I told him it was not a mohawk but a recon and is common in the marines. He didn't care. So a little less high now. Mustache alone looks obscene to me. Makes me think 70's prn.

Leave a comment:

• Glock22
    replied
    I wish that we were allowed goatees or anything besides my stach. Every LE dept in our parts are allowed to have facial hair, our boss is just really old school i guess. I would do anything to have my goatee or my Fu-manchu back. as long as they keep them trimmed and short, they still look good IMHO

Leave a comment:

• darkenna
    replied
    Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
    Just the former heavy metal guitarist in me making the statement that even the "head-banging rockers, skateboarders, and snowboarders" can be just as professional, ethical, and community service minded as the guy in the three piece suit.
    Hear hear.

For myself, neatly maintained goatee and well-maintained hair. By which I mean mid-back length, clean, groomed, and either tied back in a tight tail or braided. One can look professional with long hair and a beard just as easily as clean-shaven with a high-n-tight; it takes maintenance, diligence, and a willingness to spend the time making yourself look professional, just like with clothing, footwear, carriage, or any other point of appearance.

Oh, and I pity the next fool who tries to grab me by the hair. All the previous ones found out, to their rather pain-filled dismay, that trying to only accomplishes one thing: puts them within easy reach. And I know a whole boatload of different nerve pinches and joint locks that can really put a crimp into someone's day.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X