No announcement yet.

Grooming standards-Beards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How ironic, many police and fire departments have waivers for such conditions and beards for religious reasons are accepted without so much as a nod of the head.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock
      How ironic, many police and fire departments have waivers for such conditions and beards for religious reasons are accepted without so much as a nod of the head.
      Enjoy the day,
      Bill
      Same thing when I worked for Department of Corrections. There were several Corrections Officers with medical waivers. As long as they kept them neat and trimmed then the State couldn't tell them anthing.
      Hospital Security Officer

Comment

How about hair? Anyone "Bic it"? That is, a shiney razor smooth dome of a head.
        10-8

Comment

Originally posted by Taser
          No, but I come close. Razor it during all but winter. In winter, I put a guard on the razor. Need some hair when its 2 degrees out.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            No, but I come close. Razor it during all but winter. In winter, I put a guard on the razor. Need some hair when its 2 degrees out.
            I did it once for the summer to help keep cool. Didn't like it too much. I still keep it pretty darn short, but definitely not going to Bic it in the near future.
            10-8

Comment

If you're overweight they might start calling you "Mr. Clean."
              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Nope... bic is for my face.. I just keep mine nice & short in a standard military-style high & tight...
                Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                Originally posted by ValleyOne
                BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                Shoulda called in sick.
                Be safe!

Comment

I did it once for the summer to help keep cool. Didn't like it too much. I still keep it pretty darn short, but definitely not going to Bic it in the near future.
                  Wait, wait, wait! Razor to me = electric razor.

Bic = shaving razor. I specifically say, "Where's my shaving razor," since I use both frequently.

I use an electric shaver on my head for a high and tight. During the summer, I shave it all off in a recruit haircut. I still have hair. I am not Mr. Clean, nor do I require to buy head wax.

To clarify, I look alot like Gordon Freeman with hair, and Anthony Michael Hall from mid-season ER without hair.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

The Mr. Clean look can make for a pretty intimidating uniformed presence on the right guy. I was scared of myself when I looked in the mirror.

I missed my hair though, so I let it grow back.
                    10-8

Comment

The Mr. Clean look can make for a pretty intimidating uniformed presence on the right guy.
                      A few agencies in and around the frown on shaving your head bold due to some racial problems, unless you are naturally bold. One had gone to court because a group tried to say that he was trying to represent a racial hate group. I believe it was just the fact that a few arrest were made during an incident and they tried to come up with something to get back at the officer.

Comment

For the folks that do have a medical condition, my Dr suggested that I try benzashave. Lets just say that it has done the trick.... This is only by prscription and it runs between $15.00 and $20.00.

Comment

Always thought beards looked bad with a uniform unless they are kept very trimmed and neat.

Comment

We allow beards, but I don't really like them. We do have training for PPE N95 masks and the officers that have beards or claustrophobia are deemed unable to wear them although that doesn't affect their job status one bit.

I am naturally bald, so I bic the sides so I am not sporting a hula skirt of hair. I think if you are losing your hair, you need to accept it and shave it all off.

Comment

I agree that beards don't look good in uniform unless they are kept nice and neat. I feel the same way about hair. My hair is balding so I keep it cut extremely short and have a neatly kept trimmed beard and moustache. An SO
                              can have a beard as long as they are not on a first responder team where masks are required for Scott air pac ect. at the company I work for. All must be kept professional looking ( hair and beard ect.) and the supervisors don't mind telling someone they look like crap and better look different the next time they report for duty. This is as it should be, at least in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson
                                I have no problems with a well kept goatee.
                                Agreed exspecially since I have one

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X