A question for Sectrainer and others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for Sectrainer and others

I am a Private Patrol Operator in the state of California. The company is brand new! A potential client asked for a pricing package. I'm not exactly sure what they are asking for. What kind of package should I put together?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by GordonSecurity View Post
    I am a Private Patrol Operator in the state of California. The company is brand new! A potential client asked for a pricing package. I'm not exactly sure what they are asking for. What kind of package should I put together?

Thanks in advance
    Gordon,

The pricing package that a potential client is looking for is likely a company overview that will include information about your company, key staff resumes and qualifications, a rate sheet, and references. It is something that the person you meet with can give to, or send to, another decision maker in their organization (which is why I like to have a well printed and bound overviews in my bag but alway follow up with an email with the same attached in PDF)

The hardest part are your references, they take time. Until you have solid corporate references include personal references (perhaps a former supervisor, acct manager, etc).

Good luck!
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G. Orwell

Comment

...ditto John's reply. Be sure to include insurance particulars.

The rates are, of course, the trickiest part. As I've done elsewhere, I strongly recommend the use of a software package to help you with this complex task, such as AutoRate from http://www.hrdickinson.com/autorate (I have no connection with this product). One contract improperly bid will cost you many times the cost of software like this, so it's really critical for new companies especially to start off on the right foot with pricing strategies that make you money rather than costing you money...and the difference isn't always obvious.
      Last edited by SecTrainer; 06-02-2007, 04:47 PM.
      "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Ah, ok. I know what this is, now. Its also called a "Proposal," or a "Quotation." You can find ones from other companies online, usually under their GSA Advantage! section.

They'll give you an idea of what some clients expect.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X