No announcement yet.

Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My security company and I have the downtown patrol contract, so we pretty much have a ton of gear. Our uniforms are pretty militeristic, and people refer to us as the 'stormtroopers'.

Comment

Uniforms

Sounds like ours. BDU's, boots, all black. Those are the best Uni's.

Comment

I always got a good laugh at guys and girls wearing swat outfits doing McDonald,Arm to the teeth waiting for someone to swipe a Burger or some security company's dress there people to look like state or police officers.

The first uniform I ever wore ,re mined me of the civil war,only thing I needed was a flintlock! And the plastic badge suck as well.

The only sad thing I hated when I did patrol was they made me drive a S-10 pick-up and I am 6'4,I felt like I was in a mobile dishwasher.

I think if your security you should dress as security and not what your not!
        Any good security uniform will make you look good as long as you make yourself look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern Wheaton View Post
          ...I think if your security you should dress as security and not what your not!
          Any good security uniform will make you look good as long as you make yourself look good.
          Ahh, but what if the uniform you're issued looks like crap? (I'll refrain from mentioning any company names that just so happen to like little red circles.. lol)

I don't have a problem with a security uniform being the same style or color as the police, as long as their badge and/or patches identify them properly.
          Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
          Originally posted by ValleyOne
          BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
          Shoulda called in sick.
          Be safe!

Comment

I use to work for them for 5 yrs if it is the one that has the same circles on it badge. And all over its uniform,I considered it was a target no one could miss!

But if it is it is a pretty nice uniform over all. Tho if you had the same ranking system as we did you look like you work at some airport,As I had three stripes on my shoulder,loll And everyone thought I work for some border patrol.

Comment

When I thought I had read and seen it all! I was stopping to get a soda and some cracker jacks, when up pulls this really nice Vic all decked out. This feller get outs and I kid you not, he was wearing three guns, a shoulder holster, a drop leg tactical rig and a cross draw! and I bet you could not guess what was on his other leg.......yep! a nice pretty yellow and black taser! He had had six spare mags and two double hand cuff cases with cuffs. I just stood there in disbelief. But wait, there's more. He had a pretty AR 15 in the vic! So I had to ask, could not help myself. He had just opened his company and wanted his "image" to be the best of the best! Then it got better, what or where are you working to need that kind of artillery? He said, no standing sites yet, I just have three patrols sites. After leaving the store, all I could do was to laugh while thinking......yep, another reason why people have no respect for us "rent a pigs" I guess it really makes no difference how hard we works to improve the security field, there is always one that will screw it up for the rest of us hard working security officers.
              "You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em."
              (Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller, USMC, Marine, 1962.)

Comment

Originally posted by davis002 View Post
                Is this by chance the look that "get's you going"?

I think that the SWAT team look is far too Tacticool for someone whose primary responsibility is the protection of property.

Comment

Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
                  I think that the SWAT team look is far too Tacticool for someone whose primary responsibility is the protection of property.
                  i wonder what he carries in all those vest pockets?
                  ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

likely... nothing.
                    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

• I know of some security guard s whom carry empty magizines in their weps stating that they dont like having to carry live ammo, i asked them why they went and continued to stay armed if they dont carry live ammo, the response because the company needs me to be armed, but i saw ahhh haa you are truly unarmed though, they state ya but ive got two live mags in my pouch, i just shake my head at this.
                      Its not how we die that counts.....
                      Its not how we lived that counts....
                      all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

• Corbier~
                        What do you mean? Do you mean that no one from CIS has been in this forum before I came in here?

Be safe,

Hank
                        " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
                          Corbier~
                          What do you mean? Do you mean that no one from CIS has been in this forum before I came in here?

Be safe,

Hank
                          Only one person that is readily identifiable as an employee of CIS has been here, and I'm trying to remember his name. One of the VPs. I think the VP of Special Projects.
                          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

• Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                            Only one person that is readily identifiable as an employee of CIS has been here, and I'm trying to remember his name. One of the VPs. I think the VP of Special Projects.
                            I believe you are referring to Mr. Craig Gundry. And, to be honest, I do not recall how I found this forum. It was accidental I'm sure.
                            " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
                              I believe you are referring to Mr. Craig Gundry. And, to be honest, I do not recall how I found this forum. It was accidental I'm sure.
                              I think that's him, but I'm not sure if it was actually Gundry who was here. I recognized the name, and that was about it. I was like, "Hey, I know who he is..."

I know CIS management is active on the Yahoo Groups, before they died down.
                              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

• Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                                I think that's him, but I'm not sure if it was actually Gundry who was here. I recognized the name, and that was about it. I was like, "Hey, I know who he is..."

I know CIS management is active on the Yahoo Groups, before they died down.
                                Wasn't Gundry, I'm trying to remember the name now, (ie going through member list!) Give me time
                                SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X