Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CorpSec View Post
    Securitas picked up the Jared Galleria of Jewelers account and that is armed. They also have some security at Block E that is supposed to be armed with everything short of a firearm.

They just bought a few refurbished Berettas, I believe 92's, for $25 each from a local sheriffs office. Nothing but the best.

When I was with Pinkerton back in the early 90's, they got a diamond show account and scrambled to find ex military who could pass a quick qualifying course. My partner at the time worked the show and they carried guns with no ammo.
    I have talked to several Officers here in Sacramento Ca. that worked and some still works for a company, who has the policy in the SOPs.....All armed officers shall carry thier weapon with no ammo loaded, including the mag, into the weapon at all.

Now this is what I think is ironic, After 9-11, the National Guard standing in the airports with M-16s and empty mags.
    Sorry folks, had to reply, even though it is off the subject.
    "You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em."
    (Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller, USMC, Marine, 1962.)

Comment

Now this is what I think is ironic, After 9-11, the National Guard standing in the airports with M-16s and empty mags.
      Tell me about it...

Well, not entirely in my case, anyway; Although it did take the Gubmint 9 mos. from the time we were assigned to, ahem, "assist" the INS and Customs Officers at the Northern border POE's before they decided, "Hey, mebbe we should give our border Soldiers sidearms" after much prodding by the NGB...

We never did get to chamber rounds, but at least we had full mags...

Funny thing that occured to me was all these politico's saying they didn't want to "Militarize" the borders...

Um, Hello? My uniform says "U.S. Army" on it...
      “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
      "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMetalWolf View Post
        I have talked to several Officers here in Sacramento Ca. that worked and some still works for a company, who has the policy in the SOPs.....All armed officers shall carry thier weapon with no ammo loaded, including the mag, into the weapon at all.

The following is from the CA BSIS website:

FIREARM REQUIREMENTS
        (FACT SHEET)

Firearms Requirements for Security Guards, Alarm Agents, Private Investigators and Private Patrol Operators

Even if you are licensed or registered in the security, alarm, or private investigation fields, you may not carry a gun on duty - whether loaded or unloaded - unless you have been issued an exposed firearm permit by the Department of Consumer Affairs. You must keep the permit with you at all times while on duty.

Note: It is illegal for a licensee or registrant to carry a CONCEALED weapon on duty without a permit issued by local authorities.

Filing an Application

To apply for a firearm permit, you must:

Take a 14-hour course (8 hours classroom, 6 hours range) in the carrying and use of firearms given by a Bureau- certified firearms training instructor at a Bureau certified training facility
        Pass the written and range exams given at the end of the course

Be a United States citizen or have permanent legal alien status; and

Submit a firearm permit application, pay an $80 application fee and submit a Live Scan form (which is appropriate to your license or registration) signed by the Live Scan site operator. A $38 Firearm Eligibility application, $32 Department of Justice (DOJ) fingerprint processing fee and $24 Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) fingerprint processing fee must be paid at the Live Scan site. Send your application package to the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services, P.O. Box 989002, West Sacramento, CA 95798-9002
        Classroom Training-During your eight hours of classroom training, you will learn moral and legal aspects of firearms use, firearms nomenclature, weapons handling and shooting fundamentals, and emergency procedures.

Range Training-The six hours of range training will give you practice in safely handling and firing your weapon. You must requalify on the range twice a year before renewing your permit.

Training Schools-Schools and training instructors must be certified by the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services. For a list of licensed training schools, call (800) 952-5210.

Renewals-Firearm permits expire two years from the date of issuance. An applicant must requalify four times during the life of the permit: twice during the first year after the date of issuance, and twice during the second year. Requalifications must be at least four months apart. The application for renewal should be submitted to the Bureau within 60 days before the expiration date. The current fee for renewing a firearm permit is $98. You may not renew your permit once you have allowed it to expire. You must instead apply for a new permit.

Weapons Incidents-A security guard who discharges a weapon while on duty (except on the range) must: (1) report the incident to his or her employer within 24 hours and (2) file a written report with the Director of the Department of Consumer Affairs, within 7 days. Failure to do so may result in a fine.

Violations-The following acts are prohibited by law while a licensee/registrant is on duty:

Illegally using, carrying, or possessing a dangerous weapon
        Carrying an inoperable, replica, or simulated firearm

Brandishing or misusing a weapon

Drawing a weapon without proper cause

Provoking a shooting incident without cause

Carrying or using a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or dangerous drugs; and

Carrying or using a firearm of a different caliber than that for which a firearm permit has been issued.

I Would think that an empty gun would constitute an inopperable gun and would therefore be illegal.

I would never work with an empty gun. I would and have worked without a gun, but never an empty gun.
        "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

I where Black BDU's with a gray polo or black slackes with a long sleeved white shirt, button up, and a black tie. They don't provide a badge for the latter so I look goofie.
          Todd

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Taylor View Post
            I Would think that an empty gun would constitute an inopperable gun and would therefore be illegal.

I would never work with an empty gun. I would and have worked without a gun, but never an empty gun.
            One would think an empty gun would constitute an inoperable gun, however, If I may throw this out to play the devils advocate. If a gun is in working order and capital of firing a cartridge while loaded, then if you unload the weapon, is it still not operational? You pull the trigger, the hammer falls and the firing pin is struck........is this not what it is supposed to do? Does the cartridge not perform a separate and independit function?

I would never, nor have I ever, carried an unloaded weapon either.
            "You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em."
            (Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller, USMC, Marine, 1962.)

Comment

Generally speaking, inoperable includes "the weapon will not discharge a round for lack of rounds." I knew of a few companies in Florida who used to issue guns with no ammo. Florida considers that defrauding the client.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I wonder if they were trying to tell their insurance company their guards were unarmed.

Comment

My Agency allows Class "A"s (long sleeves) with ties, Class "B"s (short sleeves) with open collar with undershift vests and BDUs with vests over the uniform. And most of the uniforms are black in color. However, it depends on what division one works. Some uniforms are khaki and grey in color (HAZOPS). I prefer to wear Class "A"s and "B" uniforms as I am assigned to the SSG Division.

Be safe,

Hank
                  " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

For summer we have tan polo 5.11 and brown cargo pant and for winter long sleeve 5.11 tan shirt with brown wool military shirt and brown 3 in 1 parka

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
                      My Agency allows Class "A"s (long sleeves) with ties, Class "B"s (short sleeves) with open collar with undershift vests and BDUs with vests over the uniform. And most of the uniforms are black in color. However, it depends on what division one works. Some uniforms are khaki and grey in color (HAZOPS). I prefer to wear Class "A"s and "B" uniforms as I am assigned to the SSG Division.

Be safe,

Hank
                      It's taken... what, 3 years... for someone from CIS to show up?
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

for the night shift the boss allow us to wear tan desert combat boot in summer i prefer this because we have a lot of dirt here

Comment

Since I do in-house security and my brother is the boss, I am actually pretty free to choose my getup, provided that he approves it. I wear a black t-shirt with the word security in white letters across the front and back (in the winter I wear a sweatshirt with similar markings) a bulletproof vest with a black armor carrier and the word security across the back in white letters, a patch in the shape of a badge sewn above the left breast pocket, and my name sewn above the right breast pocket. I usually wear black gym shoes in the summer and boots in the winter, and depending on whether my hair is looking decent, I may or may not wear a hat.

Comment

Here at BHR we wear black pants and a black shirt. Doesnt matter what kind, just has to be black.

When I do armed security for my dad's business, its all plain clothed, I can wear whatever I want.
                            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Primarily our uniform consists of light blue shirt, dark blue trousers (both pressed), a tie, jumper & black leather belt/footwear... naturally summer/winter conditions vary that combination somewhat

I saw an armed SO today in a local shopping centre, initially he just looked like a regular individual in black with a baseball cap, when I got closer I noticed the lop sided duty belt, 9mm automatic pistol & sloppy short sleeved polo shirt... not a real fan of those polo shirts they kinda' remind me of something staff at Block Buster Video or Domino Pizza's would wear LMAO
                              "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Our uniform is Green 5.11 shirts and pants with duty belt it looks pretty cool i got to get a picture of it up here.
                                Robert
                                Here endith the lesson

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X