study time for CHSO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GCMC Security View Post
    You may now take it online. If you want to take a paper exam it has to be a IAHSS approved moderator. The closest one to my area I believe is Tallahassee which is a few hours away. I took mine online.
    Thanks for the info, GCMC - you is de MAN!
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

I just noticed on IAHSS.ORG if you have the 3rd edition of the Basic manual you need to take the exam by 12/31/2007. They've come out with the 4th edition now.

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
        True - hospitals are unique security venues, as I've mentioned before. They also have a whole bunch of safety and legal requirements that affect the security operation. I'd want people to have the formal training in those areas that the CPO does not cover.

And, the CPP seems like a pretty stiff requirement for supervisors, since it requires a bachelor's degree plus other experience. Usually, CPP is a requirement for security program managers. If he's going with the CPO for officers, why not go with the CSS (Certified Security Supervisor) cert from the IFPO for supervisors?

The only reasoning I can think of (and it really isn't fair for me to say this) is that other hospitals in your area would be much more interested in hiring officers away from your organization if you guys had the CHSS cert and might not give much credence at all to the CPO (in the hospital setting, I mean, not because CPO is necessarily a bad cert itself).

Vurry puzzling indeed....
        I actually wouldn't want to work at any other hospital in the Twin Cities metro area because we are the highest paid and the only hospital security in MN to get P.E.R.A. (Public Employee Retirement Association) "correctional officer" pension, excluding VA police of course. I do agree though that the CPO does not have much to do with hospital security work.
        Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
          I actually wouldn't want to work at any other hospital in the Twin Cities metro area because we are the highest paid and the only hospital security in MN to get P.E.R.A. (Public Employee Retirement Association) "correctional officer" pension, excluding VA police of course. I do agree though that the CPO does not have much to do with hospital security work.
          You only had to say the words "public employee pension" and that was reason enough! Hang onto that, for sure.
          "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
            You only had to say the words "public employee pension" and that was reason enough! Hang onto that, for sure.
            Absotivly posolutly!
            Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X