Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transporting your gun to and from work ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wore the full bat belt when I got dressed, and took it off with my uniform when I got home. Since employees were "on duty" when we left the house, and off duty when we entered the house, it was legal under FL statutes.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Michigan Security officers have police powers? I don't think so.

Michigan has nealy no oversite or rules regarding Security. The only authority
      I have is due to the fact that I work for the federal government as a security
      officer.

Comment

Originally posted by kingsman View Post
        Michigan Security officers have police powers? I don't think so.

Michigan has nealy no oversite or rules regarding Security. The only authority
        I have is due to the fact that I work for the federal government as a security
        officer.
        Your right. A Security Officer in MI has no Police Powers. He was talking about the Security Police Officers aka ACT 330 Security Officers.

As for Oversight, even though there is no licensing there is always someone to answer to. In Michigan, for over 30 years it was MSP. In 2002 oversight was given to Department of Consumer and Industry Services, EXCEPT Act 330 Officers which still fall under MSP and assigned to MCOLES Division.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X