SLAM and the Security guards contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLAM and the Security guards contract

This should bring up some questions as the Security at Harvard are negotiating a
    contract with there contract employer Allied Barton. As often happens on a college campus the activist students are getting involved. They are putting pressure on Harvard to intervine and apply pressure to Allied. Should the students keep out of the players internal affairs? Keep in mind grauation is very soon and most of the students will be gone for good.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=518468
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Originally posted by Chucky
    Should the students keep out of the players internal affairs? Keep in mind grauation is very soon and most of the students will be gone for good.

I believe the students have every right to voice their views, concerns and suggestions. I am not sure they should control things, necessarily, but their input needs to be taken into account.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherstjo
      I believe the students have every right to voice their views, concerns and suggestions. I am not sure they should control things, necessarily, but their input needs to be taken into account.
      They voice their concerns where I work, but we are also a very liberal college.
      Last edited by Investigation; 05-12-2007, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Whoa, wait a minute... Did I read that article right? College students... SUPPORTING security Officers?!?!

Hang on... Somebody jumpstart my heart for me!

On one hand, it seems really odd that they're trying to apply this kind of pressure, but then again, obviously these guys must be doing one hell of a job if the students are standing up on their behalf like this. Kudos to them! We'll see if it turns out to be enough, though..
        Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
        Originally posted by ValleyOne
        BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
        Shoulda called in sick.
        Be safe!

Comment

I used to work for Allied Barton. I thought they were a fair company that had competitive wages and benefits here in California.
          Police Officer

Experience: Bouncer, EMT, Theme Park Security, Money Transport, Armed Guard

Comment

When I interviewed at a local college for work as a security supervisor, the interview was open to interested students who took most of the time asking questions that seemed designed to trap me into admitting I was racist...

Things like "If you see two black males raping a white student, would you intervene?"

"Yes, of course"

"Does it matter if they were black?"

"No"

"Then why were so emphatic in your answer?"

"I was answering the question"

"You answered too quickly, without seeming to think about it."

"!"

Comment

If they want to play word games, then you have to shut them down. Any time an "interview" becomes a public speaking engagement against political activists, the rules for public speaking (never lose control, neutralize hecklers without ad hominem attacks, etc) must be used quickly.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                If they want to play word games, then you have to shut them down. Any time an "interview" becomes a public speaking engagement against political activists, the rules for public speaking (never lose control, neutralize hecklers without ad hominem attacks, etc) must be used quickly.
                I must admit, it was one of the only interviews that I ended.

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
                  I must admit, it was one of the only interviews that I ended.
                  I think that I would of ended it myself. Interviews are not trials by political activists who do not pay your salary.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X