Don't eat out in uniform??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't eat out in uniform??

Maybe I'm a little naive, but I had lunch with my wife in my s/o uniform and I'm wondering if my soup was "seasoned" a little bit because I started feeling ill several hours later (nausea, diarrhea, abdominal cramps).

I remember that our waiter kept starring at me while I ate with a smirk on his face. Perhaps I'm being paranoid, but has anyone else had a similar experience after eating out in uniform?
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Yep...

I am very particular about eating in uniform. Fast food restaurants are full of ex-cons, probation/parolees, work release, cop hating punks, etc. I would say yes, there is a good possibility you got some ?special? sauce.

Question. Was the guy enjoying a smoke just after serving you?
    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

Comment

Only place I will eat out, in uniform, is Steak and Shake. If Its In Sight, I can shoot the little bastar... I mean It Must Be Right... Yeah. Must be right.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
        I am very particular about eating in uniform. Fast food restaurants are full of ex-cons, probation/parolees, work release, cop hating punks, etc. I would say yes, there is a good possibility you got some ?special? sauce.

No smoking observed. That doesn't mean that he didn't step outside of the kitchen for a puff. I learned my lesson. I'm still all cramped up and I have to go to work.

Comment

I feel your pain man... I learned that lesson a LONG time ago.... Now, I only eat out in uniform if it's somewhere that I KNOW the employees, from visiting there on a regular basis...
          Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
          Originally posted by ValleyOne
          BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
          Shoulda called in sick.
          Be safe!

Comment

That's crazy... I know that around here I don't get too worried about eating in uniform. Most Chipotle restaurants around here give security/leos/firefighters/etc free meals if you are working and in uniform. I guess the nice thing about Chipotle is you watch the food the entire time it is being made.

If I order from the drive-thru anywhere else, like Taco Bell, they never even notice i'm in uniform until they are handing me my food.
            "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
              Only place I will eat out, in uniform, is Steak and Shake.
              Steak? How much are they paying you anyhow?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                Steak? How much are they paying you anyhow?
                Steak and Shake. Its a restraunt chain. Fast food. Not bad. I thought they were everywhere.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                  Steak and Shake. Its a restraunt chain. Fast food. Not bad. I thought they were everywhere.
                  S&S used to give us a 60% discount during the day and free at night. A new manager came in and put a stop the free part. But we still get the 60% 24/7
                  I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
                  -Lieutenant Commander Data
                  sigpic

Comment

Speaking of food....anyone see that TV commercial for IHOP where the 2 cops leave the prisoner in the back seat cage of their cruiser while they go in for a meal?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                      Speaking of food....anyone see that TV commercial for IHOP where the 2 cops leave the prisoner in the back seat cage of their cruiser while they go in for a meal?
                      Yea... Big question for that is, Did they pay? :P
                      "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

I generally don't eat anywhere in uniform where I am not acquainted with the staff. Just this kind of thing makes me distrust servers I don't know.
                        "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

S&S used to give us a 60% discount during the day and free at night. A new manager came in and put a stop the free part. But we still get the 60% 24/7
                          Saint Petersburg S&S would charge everyone full price during the day shift, and police could get coffee or drinks free. Food was full price. We'd get a discount, if we were driving a marked unit and were armed. I think it was because they didn't know who the heck we were, as there are over 20 LE agencies in Pinellas County alone - from the County Schools Police to Florida Wildlife Commission.

In Orlando, I was surprised, at 10:00 AM, tired, having to drive back down to Tampa, I got 80% discount at an Orlando Steak and Shake. It was credit, so there was no reciept, and I swiped before the total was announced. Either OPD has some serious courtesy up there, or the guy knew the company.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchetti, David, M
                            Yes I have and I have worked in the business so I know some of the tactics. Once in a while I will get dounk donuts coffee, but when one guy works a few times the coffee tasted funny it has a mild burnt taste I suspect it's syrup of ipecac which can be bought over the counter. Some businesses are uniform friendly and some are not as are the employees. If you suspect someone is doing this in most states it's a Felony try to get them to repeat it some time down the road and save a sample of the product or vomit as evidence and contact authorities ( cops really hate people that do this as they also see it could be them the next time they eat out ).
                            Our Dunkin Donuts is cop friendly. They get coffee at 50% off. I've never had a problem there. I know them and they know me. I've never seen cops eat at the place that I think got me sick. Maybe they already suspect it.

Comment

Just curious, why did you ask?

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X