Law Enforcement via security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sgtnewby
    Ya know, I tried to get a pic posted in it's full size but it says it's too big. Is there a trick to this?
    I don't know what you have for photo editing software, but assuming you use windows...
    1. Open "Paint"
    2. Click on "IMAGE"
    3. select "STRECH/SKEW"
    4. Reduce the image from 100x100 to 50x50. This should be enough to reduce the image to the size allowed by SIW.
    5. Then 'File', 'Save As' something seperate than the original.

My directions aren't the greatest, but it should be enough to walk you through it.
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson
      Oh please... Targets? Yeah, I can't count the number of times I was shot, stabbed, beaten up and harassed. And wtf do you mean by wannabes? Yeah, most explorers, want to be cops... um thats why it is "Law Enforcement Exploring" Not "Security Guard Exploring" "Chevron Gas Station Exploring" "Bus Driver Exploring" or anything else. God forbid they give them a car that allows them to Explore the experience of being a Law Enforcement Officer a bit.
      http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/15/ny...rssnyt&emc=rss

Police are investigating why a former marine opened fire on a pizzeria Wednesday night, fatally shooting a bartender, and then killing two unarmed auxiliary police officers who chased him through a busy stretch of bars and restaurants in the heart of Greenwich Village....
      Police Officer

Experience: Bouncer, EMT, Theme Park Security, Money Transport, Armed Guard

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr619

Police are investigating why a former marine opened fire on a pizzeria Wednesday night, fatally shooting a bartender, and then killing two unarmed auxiliary police officers who chased him through a busy stretch of bars and restaurants in the heart of Greenwich Village....
        This is an old story that has been already been discussed, and it also has no relevance to LE exploring. Aux Police and Exploring are total opposites.
        Last edited by davis002; 05-12-2007, 10:30 PM.
        "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

I've been in the security business for almost 12 years, and now I'm looking to get into LE. I'm pretty bored with what I"m doing now, so I think I need more of a challenge and LE is the way to go as far as my own personal development.

Comment

Security-to-LE-to-security here.

Dunno what I'll do next...Sheep ranching, computer programming...?

Comment

I am former LE Explorer here even made it to captain. I fully believe it helped me greatly. I know how to position for contacts , Clear buildings, search and arrest , write reports, etc... thansk to explorers. My previous companies expected officers to do that with no training and that scared me. I have seen some messed up techniques, clearing buildings with OC or Baton (officers are armed ) etc... Makes me laugh. My current company trains the officers in that and more.
              Robert
              Here endith the lesson

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr619

I don't think our Explorers need to be told to not chase people who just opened fire on a building. You are talking about an incident that is so off the wall it hardly applies.
                "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson
                  I don't think our Explorers need to be told to not chase people who just opened fire on a building. You are talking about an incident that is so off the wall it hardly applies.
                  You can dream up just about any goofy scenario and probably find at least one time that it happened. This is true, for instance, in risk analysis. These situations are called "outliers" and you never draw general conclusions about programs, make broad statements about conditions, create policies, set up systems, etc. based on outliers. That doesn't mean you don't think about them - you just don't set them up as "the rule" when they are "the exception".

Of course, you have to clearly identify outliers; not all "one-off" events are outliers. Had the attack on 9/11 been an outlier, there would not have been much to have been said or done about it after the fact. However, the events of 9/11 were part of a larger pattern that had been materializing for some years in terms of Al Qaida attacks on US assets. 9/11 was a different manifestation of a single phenomenon...not an outlier. The incident referenced by dannyr916 is an outlier.
                  "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Lost Again

Yet another thread that lost its home, Now looking for any final resting place.

Comment

Originally posted by iwicgsr View Post
                      Yet another thread that lost its home, Now looking for any final resting place.
                      I used to call these threads off-topic. Now, I embrace their "dynamic format."
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I'm Processing with the Los Angeles County Office of Public Safety A.K.A The L.A. County Police. I have a few more steps to complete and then I will be sent to the Police Academy.

I also have my PPO.

While my dream was always to go into law enforcement, I got into security/ Armored Transportation and really enjoy the work. I found an agency that will allow me to do both.
                        The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X