Justice of the Peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice of the Peace

Okay, after 8 months here in the land of natives, far, far away from the white man's civilization, my skills have gone to crap, sucking off the wife's $70 000 / year salary, and I'm having NO luck finding work in the security field.

I'm going nuts.

Some good news: I'm applying for a Justice of the Peace position. Duties range from the banal signing affdavits right up to presiding over non-federal trials.
    More good news: I'm way way qualified...except it seems they're looking more for native-language speakers, but thankfully that's not a bona fide requirement.
    More good news: If I get this job and eventually preside over trials (including Youth Court) the salary is $50 / hour.

Wish me luck, and pray to whatever god makes you happy. I really need this.

Oh. By the way: Is anybody here a JP? Any advice or stories to relate? As I tell everyone, "Tell me more, knowledge is power".

JohnC
    Rule #1: Go home at the end of the day in an upright position, with everything attached, and with peace of mind for having done the job well.
    "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." - John Wayne (in his last movie 'The Shootist')

I wish you all the success in the world. Be fair, be firm, be compassionate and don't back off. Don't be afraid of blazing a trail where others have not dared to do so.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
    Working...
    X