Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chucky
    replied
    This is a quote taken from the CIS site. "establish probable cause for law enforcement" Doesn't security with police powers have to abide by the same rules as the police when it comes to probable cause?

"To target the dealers, we use conspicuous presence, surveillance, and establish probable cause for law enforcement arrest."

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    A Registered Trademark of Ralston-Purina Corporation.

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    ADAM is APCO Alphabet, ALFA or ALPHA is Military Phonetic Alphabet.
    Ok then what is Alpo?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Christopherstjo
    It occurs to me, to ask, whether or not the company bending over backwards to help the family during their time of grief was not a way to try to avoid the lawsuit or minimize the potential jury award against the company. Based on the article, it sure smells like a company rat.
    They do it for all employees. CIS funerals are famous in Florida.

Leave a comment:

• Christopherstjo
    replied
    It occurs to me, to ask, whether or not the company bending over backwards to help the family during their time of grief was not a way to try to avoid the lawsuit or minimize the potential jury award against the company. Based on the article, it sure smells like a company rat.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    ADAM is APCO Alphabet, ALFA or ALPHA is Military Phonetic Alphabet.

Leave a comment:

• GCMC Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Chucky
    Remember the TV show 1 Adam 12? The Adam could be just a inter company designation. As far as the funeral goes I think in a converse sort of way it is a good thing. Although not LODD never the less anyone that attended it will see a dead person in a security uniform and will never forget every time they see a security officer the pride some have in their trade. If you think about all the kids that are buried in baseball, Football uniforms etc then my point is sort of the same.

Although right on with the Adam comment. CIS uses the term Alpha for thier armed Risk Management Officers.

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    Remember the TV show 1 Adam 12? The Adam could be just a inter company designation. As far as the funeral goes I think in a converse sort of way it is a good thing. Although not LODD never the less anyone that attended it will see a dead person in a security uniform and will never forget every time they see a security officer the pride some have in their trade. If you think about all the kids that are buried in baseball, Football uniforms etc then my point is sort of the same.

Leave a comment:

• Black Caesar
    replied
    Edit, never mind, I read it wrong...
    Last edited by Black Caesar; 04-21-2007, 06:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Unfortunately, lawsuits are common whenever death ensues, whether deserved or not. IF she was an armed officer entrusted to protect others, it would seem reasonable to conclude that she had more training than other civilians in terms of minimizing the risk of becoming a crime victim.

The problem with articles like this is that we just don't have all the facts to know for sure one way or another. It was nice that her company treated the funeral as special. Most would simply list your name in an employee newsletter.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    started a topic On Funerals and Lawsuits: CIS

On Funerals and Lawsuits: CIS

CLEARWATER - Aimee Farrell wore the uniform of her employer, Critical Intervention Services, as she lay in her casket at her funeral.

Farrell, 20, loved her job as a security officer with CIS and saw it as a stepping-stone to her dream career as a police officer.

But on Dec. 11, 2001, she was brutally raped and murdered in her Clearwater Beach apartment...
    http://www.sptimes.com/2006/01/09/No..._sense_o.shtml

Basically, 20 year old woman worked for CIS of Clearwater, Florida. She lived on a property that CIS provided services for. If, by her retired radio call sign, they meant "ALPHA" or "ALFA," then she was an armed RMO, which is basically a regular armed officer. (No BDUs and door kicking required.)

So, a few questions for the group:

Anyone see merit in the suit? Keeping in mind that "doorman" positions are generally observe and report, something CIS isn't known for. The article implies that CIS hired the existing door guards, but they also got a call sign incorrect. (ADAM isn't in the military phonetic alphabet...)

Anyone see pros and cons for having LODD funerals for security personnel? And, having LODD funerals for those not LODD? (She was murdered in her apartment by someone she knew, not killed at work protecting someone.)

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X