No announcement yet.

Hospital Security Kudos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out here, I do not think we can legally deny a patient the right to call 9-1-1, so now the dispatchers will call us rather than sending units out this way.
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

In my 2 years experience in hospital security, one of the worst experiences was when our hospital pharmacy was robbed while I was on duty. The suspect supposedly had a weapon, but did not show one. A good thing for me is that the suspect got away. Because we are not armed and the only weapon I could of used was my radio and handcuffs. Close by our hospital is a youth prison. And the city jail holds inmates for township in the area, so of course we get alot of prisoners. I once had a drunk prisoner spit in my face.

Comment

Originally posted by djg_1982
        In my 2 years experience in hospital security, one of the worst experiences was when our hospital pharmacy was robbed while I was on duty. The suspect supposedly had a weapon, but did not show one. A good thing for me is that the suspect got away. Because we are not armed and the only weapon I could of used was my radio and handcuffs. Close by our hospital is a youth prison. And the city jail holds inmates for township in the area, so of course we get alot of prisoners. I once had a drunk prisoner spit in my face.
        Psh don't knock having a radio, we had an officer attacked by an irate visitor, he struck him with the radio, which stopped the suspect long enough for another officer to take him to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          You respond to 911 calls for police service? Wow, I've never heard of that before. Did they just reprogram 9-911 to dial the security office, or does the 911 dispatch center transfer all calls to the hospital security dispatcher?
          It gets transfered to to our command center and the police dept all at the same time here.
          K9...."Protect all who enter"

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X