Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
    Oh mjw I forgot to tell you . Chris Hansen from Dateline called and wanted me to ask you if you would give him a call regarding the above. Thanks
    It wasn't those types of pics. It was pics of me at a party.
    Washington DC

Comment

When Myspace first began it was in the top ten of sites that were easily hackable. Now they have added extra measures of security such as captcha ,name birthdate ,etc to be able to post coments etc. Not only are there those simple updates but the mainframe has also been updated to prevent hacking into the Myspace database to obtain member indentification. Myspace is not only for teeny boppers but many celebrities ,artist ,and American "heroes" also use Myspace as a means ,and a good one ,to reach their fans in a semi personal way. Myspace has also been used for the soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan to communicate with their loved ones over a "secure" means of contact ,something Facebook cannot boast.

Comment

Interesting thread!

I am on face book. I keep my privacy setting fairly high i.e. friends of friends may view my profile, but I can't be found by "searching" unless there is software that can do such (which there in no doubt in my mind is, though I don't know about it). I post little if anything regarding my job and don't have my address and phone/cell numbers posted (try the phonebook). I wouldn't post pics of embarrassing situations because I don't allow them to happen in the first place.

I can see FB as an investigation tool for sure! Providing that your target has little personal security concern or concept of such, and if there is or are software and or programs available that can breach the subjects privacy settings then it indeed FB IS a great Intel tool, for both sides. We need to remember that we must not ever underestimate our subject OR enemies capabilities (known or unknown) as they may be gathering Intel on us as well, where we work, who for and so on, for whatever reason. For the singles in the group, it may also be beneficial that the "secret admirer can see that we are indeed single yet that to can have it's down falls" .

As far as potential employers be it LE agencies or otherwise, looking at face book for Intel on some one, I see it as fair game just like anyone else checking out your profile. What better reference tool really. So lets face it (pardon the pun), we made our profile freely to GIVE information to people. If you have an issue with that then A. upgrade your privacy settings or, B. Get off Face book, simple as that.

Cheers!
        I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

Originally posted by securitypro View Post
          Where are you licensed as a private investigator?
          Prior to working in private security, I was a private investigator for a licensed firm in the metro area. Does that answer your question?
          "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

I know I'm dragging up a fairly old thread, but I wondered who on here is on facebook. I've only recently started using it, and have the privacy settings set fairly high. If anyone else is on, though, and would like to be in touch, send me a pm.
            That's a direct quote. Not word for word, but the gist of it.

Comment

Not me... I believe people are sharing way too much information over the web these days
              "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

I'm careful what I share, and have it locked pretty tightly. Overall, though, I agree with you.
                That's a direct quote. Not word for word, but the gist of it.

Comment

I am not on facebook but I have a myspace account which I have just very basic info posted and haven't been to it in months.
                  Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X