Virginia Tech Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia Tech Shooting

This happened 271 miles south of me. I attended this university a while back and it saddens me deeply. Check out any of the top news reports and you will see reports on the nations deadliest school shooting.

French language TV stations from Montreal have even sent reporters down there.

250 million guns in the US ..........................
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/wb/xp-50658

January 31, 2006

"A bill that would have given college students and employees the right to carry handguns on campus died with nary a shot being fired in the General Assembly..."

"Virginia Tech spokesman Larry Hincker was happy to hear the bill was defeated. 'I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus'"

"In June, Tech's governing board approved a violence prevention policy reiterating its ban on students or employees carrying guns and prohibiting visitors from bringing them into campus facilities."

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
        http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/wb/xp-50658

January 31, 2006

"A bill that would have given college students and employees the right to carry handguns on campus died with nary a shot being fired in the General Assembly..."

"Virginia Tech spokesman Larry Hincker was happy to hear the bill was defeated. 'I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus'"

"In June, Tech's governing board approved a violence prevention policy reiterating its ban on students or employees carrying guns and prohibiting visitors from bringing them into campus facilities."
        An armed society is a polite society. - Mark Twain
        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer
          Amen to that...
          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
          - Thomas Jefferson

“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.”
          — Vince Lombardi

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

IX. Strive to attain professional competence.

Comment

How did this happen? I thought the campus was a gun free zone?
            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson
              How did this happen? I thought the campus was a gun free zone?
              The college campus that I work at is gun free too, but that does not stop guns, drugs, knifes, and hypodermic needles that the street culture brings on our property. Unlike New York schools, we don’t screen students and visitors at the door.

Comment

Understood. My comment was tounge in cheek.
                "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                "The Curve" 1998

Comment

I have to say that the number of people that approached me at work asking what I thought of the massacre today was interesting. My first thought was WTF do you think I think about it? It was god dam horrible and sad. These same people didn’t give a s&&t what I thought about anything yesterday and seldom even smiled without forcing it. But today they see a gun and a badge and they are confused and scared s&&tlees for their own safety and somewhere deep down inside want me to protect them from the demons in their heads.

As I have stated in previous post I am a trained armed security officer that knows what to do as far as security of others go. So they put 2 females in charge of how I should man my post. Neither one has an once of security experience in them. Although I'm sure they are very competent in what ever it is they do.

That being said people are wanting the president at V Tech to step down because he didn’t act as a trained sworn police officer. I would guess that he also does not have an once of police training on him and if anyone should be held accountable it should be the head of the on scene command as he should call the shots concerning Who, What and Where. All information to the president would come from the police officer in charge. Albeit campus or civil. If you think I sound a little angry then you would be Fin right.
                  So dam unnecessary and evil.
                  Last edited by Chucky; 04-17-2007, 04:56 PM.
                  THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                  THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                  http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer
                    Most people consider the USA to BE an armed society. Where is the politeness?
                    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky
                      As I have stated in previous post I am a trained armed security officer that knows what to do as far as security of others go. So they put 2 females in charge of how I should man my post. Neither one has an once of security experience in them. Although I'm sure they are very competent in what ever it is they do.
                      I can understand you being upset if your supervisors don't know anything about security but what does their gender have to do with it? You seem to be implying that females can not be in charge of security. It's the 00's not the 60's!!!!
                      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

This is the previous post to which I refer. I really wish that you could have taken more away from my post than the fact that I mentioned the gender of the supervisors. You may have missed it but I referred to the President as he.

Political Correctness offends me. Please respect my feelings

http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/...ead.php?t=2576
                        THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                        THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                        http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Massachusetts Maritime Academy Cadets from Virginia Supporting our brothers and sisters back home.
                          Attached Files
                          Keeping the parking lots safe, hallways moving and the Chik Fil A busy.

Comment

There is no problem in a school more difficult to deal with than an active shooter.

There will be a lot of lessons learned from this tragedy but also a lot of fingerpointing and second guessing. I personally will refrain from commenting until more concrete info is made available.

For those active in the security of our schools, I wish you the best- it is a difficult task to secure an environment that by its nature should be open and inviting. You are protecting our most valuable assets.
                            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G. Orwell

Comment

Just another step towards more gun control.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X