Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info.

hello to all,
    i am going to start training next wk. for a co. named u.s. security associates in tampa fl. this position will be lp at a supermarket. any info. on the company and lp as it pertains to grocery would be greatly appreciated.

you've come to a great resource -- make sure to check out our forum dedicated to LP/Retail Security

http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/...isplay.php?f=9

Comment

Weclome to the world of retail grocery loss prevention. Just be sure you are clear on what is expected of you. There is often a grey area between the client and contractor when services are outsourced.
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

It's hands off and no pursuit out of the store. You work plain cloths and cover 3-5 stores in an area (supermarkets). You personally purchase a couple of those cheap FRS radios. When you go on duty you give the Manager on Duty one and start to wander around. When you observe a theft you notify the MoD and both of you attempt the stop. If the person bolts, that's it. Have a nice day come back again.

I spoke with the ops manager for US Security Assoc when I was down in Tampa for a couple months. They are a good group of people, but I don't think I could put up with it. I'm sure you get plenty of peaceful stops but we all know that is not all the time.

About the only think I liked about it is that I believe you make your own hours as long as you cover every store and get 40 hours.

Comment

This has always amused me, because its illegal under Florida Statutes to have a plain-clothes security person for more than a "reasonable time," i.e. 3 days, performing security duties.

These accounts have always been the realm of private investigation, and require a CC or C license to perform, because the person is not protecting assets, they are investigating breaches of the law (retail theft) for a contracted client.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X