X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by joecolerulz
    what will the manager do? Just come and tell security anyway....securitys job is to take care of these situations.
    You don't want to be doing stuff without the manager's approval. Depending on the site ( I have never worked security for a restraunt), there may be things you can or cannot do. Ive worked sites where we had authority to trespass people, Ive also worked sites where it was entirely a management issue.

When you get the approval or guidance of the manager to take action, you have a lot more behind you than if you just decide to gung-ho it alone.

Leave a comment:

• joecolerulz
    replied
    Originally posted by Eric
    Ask her to advise her Manager of the situation.

what will the manager do? Just come and tell security anyway....securitys job is to take care of these situations.

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied
    Ask her to advise her Manager of the situation.

Leave a comment:

• joecolerulz
    replied
    If they state they have been "repeatedly" harrased i would ask what happened and when. I would then observe the person in question and if he/she attempts to anything hostile then i would approach the person and politely ask them to leave as there is just cause as there has been a complaint then i see the person not obiding by the rules the person must leave. If he refuses i threaten the person with a $550 fail to leave trespass fine if he remains there from my experiance to grab the suspect or physically touch him is the wrong thing to do and will make the situation worse so i will try and have a chat with him perhaps while making sure there are other guards around.

If the person still fails to leave and acts rudely i am then given no choice and will physically eject him/her from the premises. Though i take a employee and normal patron complaint the same and if a normal patron made a similar complaint i would of acted in exactly the same way.

Leave a comment:

• Christopherstjo
    replied
    Originally posted by JL_7
    If a waitress at the restaurant that you are working in comes up to you, and informs you that she has been repeatedly harassed by one of the customers, what would you do?
    Since your question is vague my answers are only speculative to hypothetical situations. Accordingly:

it depends on who is allegedly harassing her. If it is another employee, she must go to management and needs to do so immeidately.

If it is a customer, then I would most likely address the suspect depending on the nature of the alleged harassment.

Some claims of harassment may be such that it boils down to nothing more than a personality conflict or that one person called the other person a name they didn't like. Thus, it may be rectified by simply having the waitress avoid the person all together.

Still there are also times when claims of harassment are actually deeply rooted in domestic violence or divorse / child custody issues and thus, you are stepping right smack into the middle of a mine field if you get too involved that will nail you every time and make matters worse.

Therefore, to be safe, I would not engage the suspect until I directly witnessed him or her actively harassing the waitress, so as to obstruct or prevent her from doing her job or working in a non-hostile environment.

By doing this, I establish better grounds for my contact and any orders I may give to stop the conduct, and therein avoid any potential legal issues / allegations. Likewise, it helps to prevent the situation exploding even more.

If on the other hand, the waitress reports conduct of a serious nature, for example there are issues of physical violence, hostile approaches, threats or intimidation tactics and so on. Then I would address the suspect so as to gain immediate control over the matter and de-esclate such, and ask them to leave the property for the safety of everyone involved.
    Last edited by Christopherstjo; 04-10-2007, 03:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JL_7
    started a topic Security Question

Security Question

If a waitress at the restaurant that you are working in comes up to you, and informs you that she has been repeatedly harassed by one of the customers, what would you do?

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X