Vests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill Warnock
    If they are busting caps near your site and have weapons pointed at you and I were you, I'd get a vest and wear it with a religious fervor.
    Being armed in the future is no guarantee you'll be unharmed.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill
    I completely agree Bill...Other guards used to make fun of me for wearing my vest while working unarmed. Just dumb.

You don't only wear your seatbelt when you're expecting to get in an accident, right?
    Last edited by OccamsRazor; 04-10-2007, 11:15 PM.

Comment

I can't count the number of times people including fellow non security workers have suggested that I get a vest. I love the facial expression when I give the trauma plate a couple knocks. I can't believe that a boss would be against anyone wearing a vest that fits correctly unless he is jealous cause he can't afford one. Just the idea that if my air bag malfunctions and I have the vest on is soothing. Having been a safety office at a major Tech school I do know that life safety issues take precedence over all other issues as it applies to the whole of the campus and no one can over ride LS equipment placement. I am not sure how that would apply to an individual wearing a vest though.
      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
      http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky
        I can't count the number of times people including fellow non security workers have suggested that I get a vest. I love the facial expression when I give the trauma plate a couple knocks. I can't believe that a boss would be against anyone wearing a vest that fits correctly unless he is jealous cause he can't afford one. Just the idea that if my air bag malfunctions and I have the vest on is soothing. Having been a safety office at a major Tech school I do know that life safety issues take precedence over all other issues as it applies to the whole of the campus and no one can over ride LS equipment placement. I am not sure how that would apply to an individual wearing a vest though.
        Chucky I believe to the depth of my soul some bosses want the security person to back away from any situation and not engage or cause any trouble for anyone.
        We have so many folks walking around with broken elevators, they consistantly don't go to the top floor. That is the person who might just decide to try to stick you or put a shiv in you. Any shirty just might go off.
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X