X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christopherstjo
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Depending on the employer, they'll have a big problem with you jacking their insurance rates up by using worker's comp. That's the issue I think was being addressed.
    Of course employers will resist such... the quesiton that I thought was posed in the opening thread is if any of us had a problem with the author utilzing workers comp for a work related injury.

Most every employer is required to pay workers comp insurance - serious injuries, not just employee deaths, are also required to be reported pursuant to the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Whether or not an employer is required to have such insurance is determined by individual state law. Here in Missouri, as a general rule, if the employer has under 5 employees, they do not have to pay workers comp insurance. Though, with the passage of S.B. 10, here in Missouri, Private Investigators are required to carry workers comp insurance on themselves along with a $250,000.00 insurance bond.
    Last edited by Christopherstjo; 04-09-2007, 11:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    I have medical insurance through my company. Benefits are given to full-time staff.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Christopherstjo
    Why would anyone, other than an employer perhaps, have a problem with your seeking medical attention for a work related injury. Lord knows that many in security are not afforded any kind of medial insurance and thus, all they have is workers compensation, which grossly fails to compensate employees for lost wages. Thus, its only true value is covering medical expenses for on the job injuries.
    Depending on the employer, they'll have a big problem with you jacking their insurance rates up by using worker's comp. That's the issue I think was being addressed.

Leave a comment:

• Christopherstjo
    replied
    Originally posted by FireEMSPolice
    So now I got to file for workers comp. Anyone have any problems with this?
    Why would anyone, other than an employer perhaps, have a problem with your seeking medical attention for a work related injury. Lord knows that many in security are not afforded any kind of medial insurance and thus, all they have is workers compensation, which grossly fails to compensate employees for lost wages. Thus, its only true value is covering medical expenses for on the job injuries.

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied

Originally posted by SecTrainer
    Pushing a rack of stanchions reminds me of Vietnam, too. Yup, the VC were forever charging us with racks of stanchions. The air was thick with stanchions. You couldn't see 6 inches in front of your nose for all the stanchions flying around. I still wake up in a cold sweat from stanchion nightmares.

Where did you serve, the Ho Chi Minh K-Mart?

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Here's what's going to happen, if you filed a worker's comp claim.

1. Your company won't fight it, because they know you can prove its part of your expected duties for the job position, or they just don't fight em for whatever reason.

2. The company will fight the claim, stating that your job was not to help a manager do anything related to that... And you'll have to fight them in front of a worker's compensation administrative hearing. They may discipline or terminate you for performing non-specified duties. That's fightable, as well.

That's about it. You get to wait, see, and recover.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by FireEMSPolice
    Can we please get back to the original post?
    Honestly, I don't know what else we can add w/o belaboring the issue. You had an accident; you were performing duties expected of you, and you filed a comp. claim which is what you needed to do. I don't see any other problems based on what you told us.

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    Can we please get back to the original post?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Rasta
    I was a medic, and yes I pissed off the other soldiers severly. They shot at me many times. I know, hard to beleive considering that us medic were needed.

But I am very, very, tough. There was even one occasion when someone ripped me off for $30 so I killed everyone in my platoon and everyone that I know ...because I just don't care.
    I hate to interrupt your "war story," but it's time for your medication again.

Leave a comment:

• flashlightcop509
    replied
    I am glad that you are okay now fireemspolice.

This reminds me of my days in Vietnam. It was crazy..grenades and and gunshots EVERYWHERE!
    All expense paid sojourn to the wonderful City of Minh... The gunshots were resulting of shoppers vying for the latest "Rice Paddy Kid" doll...

The bestseller so far has been "Nguyen No Teeth"... Buy two, get a vintage 1960 AK-47 for free....

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    Originally posted by kingsman
    My concern is did this fall into the realm of your standard duties? If not, you may be in for a rough go. While it may be nice to help the manager with a problem, if this is not part of your duties, you should not be doing it.
    They only had 1 maintenance guy working and he was tied up. The mall expects us to be Security as well as housekeeping and maintenance sometimes. Basically, we help out in all areas. Its not the 1st time. Talking to one of my other officers, he stated last year the same thing happened to him, only his head didnt get busted open. Last time I pushed this rack, one fell off and nailed by foot. Luckily, my boot took the brunt of most of it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity
    If you pi**ed off the people you were serving with like you like to pi** off us, it's possible it was your own people shooting at you! They weren't good shots were they?
    I was a medic, and yes I pissed off the other soldiers severly. They shot at me many times. I know, hard to beleive considering that us medic were needed.

But I am very, very, tough. There was even one occasion when someone ripped me off for $30 so I killed everyone in my platoon and everyone that I know ...because I just don't care.

Leave a comment:

• kingsman
    replied
    My concern is did this fall into the realm of your standard duties? If not, you may be in for a rough go. While it may be nice to help the manager with a problem, if this is not part of your duties, you should not be doing it.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied

This reminds me of my days in Vietnam. It was crazy..grenades and and gunshots EVERYWHERE!
    If you pi**ed off the people you were serving with like you like to pi** off us, it's possible it was your own people shooting at you! They weren't good shots were they?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied

Yeah. I think that's why they call it: WAR

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X