Injured on on duty - What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FireEMSPolice
    So now I got to file for workers comp. Anyone have any problems with this?
    Why would anyone, other than an employer perhaps, have a problem with your seeking medical attention for a work related injury. Lord knows that many in security are not afforded any kind of medial insurance and thus, all they have is workers compensation, which grossly fails to compensate employees for lost wages. Thus, its only true value is covering medical expenses for on the job injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherstjo
      Why would anyone, other than an employer perhaps, have a problem with your seeking medical attention for a work related injury. Lord knows that many in security are not afforded any kind of medial insurance and thus, all they have is workers compensation, which grossly fails to compensate employees for lost wages. Thus, its only true value is covering medical expenses for on the job injuries.
      Depending on the employer, they'll have a big problem with you jacking their insurance rates up by using worker's comp. That's the issue I think was being addressed.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I have medical insurance through my company. Benefits are given to full-time staff.
        "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          Depending on the employer, they'll have a big problem with you jacking their insurance rates up by using worker's comp. That's the issue I think was being addressed.
          Of course employers will resist such... the quesiton that I thought was posed in the opening thread is if any of us had a problem with the author utilzing workers comp for a work related injury.

Most every employer is required to pay workers comp insurance - serious injuries, not just employee deaths, are also required to be reported pursuant to the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Whether or not an employer is required to have such insurance is determined by individual state law. Here in Missouri, as a general rule, if the employer has under 5 employees, they do not have to pay workers comp insurance. Though, with the passage of S.B. 10, here in Missouri, Private Investigators are required to carry workers comp insurance on themselves along with a $250,000.00 insurance bond.
          Last edited by Christopherstjo; 04-09-2007, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X