No announcement yet.

Stopping shoplifters in their tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought at first that the third guy was involved in some way. Nothing more than gut feeling. Somehow I feel that the whole thing was a set up. They couldn't have possibly thought that the clerk wouldn't see them in a mostly empty store

The reason that I was pushing the gun pointing thing was that myself and a co worker were doing repairs in a place called Robins Yogurt shop in the Carrollwood section of Tampa that required us to work all night.

When Robin came to open the next morning she instinctively entered the code in the alarm forgetting that we were in the back working. The key pad in fact was setting and the signal went in to the Hillsborough SO. Within Min's 2 of the SO/s finest came screaming up with guns drawn. Very intimating to say the lease but we didn't feel that our lives were in any danger. Although the cops may have felt that way.
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

People try beer runs and pushouts all the time, regardless of how busy or not a store is.

Comment

Based on the mans handeling of gun and customers action I am leaning toward gun is not real! After girls flee is seems almost careless with it. since we don't know for sure I am leaning towards toy gun and he shows customer it is and both get a laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky
          I thought at first that the third guy was involved in some way. Nothing more than gut feeling. Somehow I feel that the whole thing was a set up. They couldn't have possibly thought that the clerk wouldn't see them in a mostly empty store

The reason that I was pushing the gun pointing thing was that myself and a co worker were doing repairs in a place called Robins Yogurt shop in the Carrollwood section of Tampa that required us to work all night.

When Robin came to open the next morning she instinctively entered the code in the alarm forgetting that we were in the back working. The key pad in fact was setting and the signal went in to the Hillsborough SO. Within Min's 2 of the SO/s finest came screaming up with guns drawn. Very intimating to say the lease but we didn't feel that our lives were in any danger. Although the cops may have felt that way.
          That's Florida. A sworn Law Enforcement Officer may point his gun at anyone, for any reason, while making an arrest or in performance of his duties. They are immune from civil and criminal liability, by statute, for anything short of killing you.

I've known HCSO deputies who point their guns at EVERYONE.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Maybe its just me, but you see two subjects enter your store, both wearing hoodies in the upward position, sunglasses at night, looking very similiar to eachother... I dunno, but thats a big red truck beeping at me!

The minute they would have walked in, 9-1-1 would have been the first best step. As I watched, I wouldnt have known that they were there to steal beer until you all stated such. Just watching the video, that made me nervous as ever.. It looked like the settings for armed robbery. So an immediate call for PD to come out and just check things out would have been the first action, then stopping the subjects by show of force, and not deadly but presence, once you realize they are making it past the counter to leave, not rob you.

The other big problem with this clerk, is his demeanor while handling the situation.
            1) drawing down for a head shot up close.. We all know that if a struggle takes effect, it only takes less then a second for someone to grab your weapon. Too close for comfort. Now i am not saying he should have brandished the weapon, but that is just another no-no!
            2) Barneys on camera.. Look at the way he is waving his weapon afterwards! All around, down, up, shaking it.. Public perception in court wont be kind seeing that.. so unprofessional looking and to be honest, looks like a goofball playing cops and robbers. He demonstrated no actual concern in physical behavior afterwards and was treating it like a joke, according to appearance.

I have been through court enough, and watched trials of other security agencies to know the defense loves to ham that up! If you appear out of control, you can get drilled pretty hard in court, which shoots you creditability out the window.

Just my thoughts.. But great video pic.. I may want to copy that for educational purposes of "what not to do"!
            Deputy Sheriff

Comment

youtube user has made his video private view only.. wonder why..?
              "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
              "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Hmmmm.... Interesting observation!
                Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X