Armed Officer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Officer Question

I saw this question on O.com and since I am not a copper yet I couldn't answer. Regardless here's the question :

Armed Officers, have you been in a situation where a susp/perp reached for your duty weapon ?
    The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Back in the eighties, while working LEO, I was standing outside the department one sunny day. I was talking to someone and behind me stood two young kids, early teens. One of them said, "I ought to take that pistol and blow the back of his head off."
    Needless to say I told the little #@&% I'd break his %^$#@@ arm.

During my career as a LEO there was a couple of times, during scuffles, that the perp would grab at my weapon. That of course opened the door for a thorough #$#@ whipping. Of course back then, at least with me, you could usually get by with it.
    Read my book, Dreams In Blue: The Real Police. You'll see what I mean.

Rick

Comment

Fortunately I have not had this happen to me or any that I know of. I also hope this doesn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by wackenhut hickey
        Fortunately I have not had this happen to me or any that I know of. I also hope this doesn't happen.
        Apparently someone forgot a certain concert where his job was to make sure a rap star was not using recreational substances in a restroom.
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

I'v had a few state they were going to, at which point I invited them to go ahead and try. They turned the offer down, though.

Comment

Not really. The closest was a 5 year old came up behind me and touched it. This was a great opportunity to tell him what to do if he ever found a gun spiel. His parents whom I was talking to were also going to give him a talking to at home and were shocked that he did that.
            THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
            THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
            http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Back in 1969, I took my eye off a woman, I'll call "fat Lulu," mistake, big mistake. Lulu struck the side of my face with her purse which I know contained a anvil, and down I went. She grabbed the butt of a Colt J Model and lifted me off the ground trying to dislodge the gun. At that time I had a clam shell holster and try as should could, the holster did not open up. My car captain, later told me, took his 18-inch riot baton and struck her squarely on the buttocks, she fell down and took me with her.
              Laying on the ground seeing all kinds of stars, the car captain looked down and said in a kindly manner with a mocking tone, "Warnock, you doing all right down there." A responding county unit had her in cuffs sitting on the ground with the two other arrestees. For a couple of months, I was razed by fellow cops asking if I had had any enounters with fat girls.
              That taught me a valuable lesson, never take your eyes off a detained person, woman or not. From that time on, I had a greater respect for the Fair Sex, expecially real big ones.
              Enjoy the day,
              Bill

Comment

That's a great story, Bill! I can just imagine the teasing you had to take.
                Richard Dickinson
                Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
                DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
                www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

Bill, I know about dangerous women! I once answered a call for a "domestic disturbance" where I knew both parties. When I arrived, at the house, I was invited in by the husband. I noticed a man sitting at the kitchen table wearing a t-shirt and boxer shorts, drinking a cup of coffee.

The husband took me into the bedroom where his wife was in bed with the sheet pulled up around her neck. He said he had come home and found his wife in bed with the man in the kitchen. As he reached down to pull down the cover he said, "and I found her like this." He pulled off the cover and she was naked. She immediately jumped up and hit me over the head with a beer bottle.

Shortly after this my backup arrived and took control of the situation as I was bleeding from the head. It took five officers to get her into the back of a cruiser.

Lesson learned - Beware of drunken naked women.
                  Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                  Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Guys, it was Lulu did not know about the release button on the clam shell holster.
                    A cornered female will shoot you in a New York second. A male will think once or twice. She may go down in a hail of bullets, but she will do her best to take out a responding LEO.
                    Thank God it was only a beer bottle and not a gun. It can make one hell of a learning experience. We are just lucky to be able to talk about it.
                    Enjoy the day,
                    Bill

Comment

Here's mine...

I was armed security for an apartment complex, I get a call from my co-worker that he wanted me to respond to his location cause there was a guy on the property looking into parked cars. I guess my partner decided not to wait for me 'cause the next thing I hear on the radio is that he's chasing the guy through the lot. I had to go under an overhead storage space provided to the tenants due to lack of space to get to the chase. Next thing I know there was a loud thump, my head hurt and everything went dark. When I came to there were a couple of homies trying to get at my weapon. They didn't get it 'cause I use a Safariland level III for security work. I managed to get to my OC and emptied the bottle just before my "partner" got to my location and scared them off.

At the end of the day,I ended up with a concussion and a serious appreciation for retention holsters. (and the bill for the hospital and ambulance ride... turns out the owners didn't have Insurance.)
                      The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo1510
                        Here's mine...

I was armed security for an apartment complex, I get a call from my co-worker that he wanted me to respond to his location cause there was a guy on the property looking into parked cars. I guess my partner decided not to wait for me 'cause the next thing I hear on the radio is that he's chasing the guy through the lot. I had to go under an overhead storage space provided to the tenants due to lack of space to get to the chase. Next thing I know there was a loud thump, my head hurt and everything went dark. When I came to there were a couple of homies trying to get at my weapon. They didn't get it 'cause I use a Safariland level III for security work. I managed to get to my OC and emptied the bottle just before my "partner" got to my location and scared them off.

At the end of the day,I ended up with a concussion and a serious appreciation for retention holsters. (and the bill for the hospital and ambulance ride... turns out the owners didn't have Insurance.)
                        Wow you got lucky my friend I think I'd be sending a thank you letter to safariland and the criminals for being dumba$$'s Seriously though you got lucky bud besides the concussion I would be thanking my lucky stars or something. If you don't mind me asking what level 3 holster were you using? Was it the 070)

Comment

Bill, you're right about those women. I've had partners learn the hard way. One of my friends was suppose to be a black belt and he got raked by a set of long fingernails. Put him in some serious pain. I always treated them just like men. They resisted and I'd beat their %$#.

Rick

Originally posted by Bill Warnock
                          Back in 1969, I took my eye off a woman, I'll call "fat Lulu," mistake, big mistake. Lulu struck the side of my face with her purse which I know contained a anvil, and down I went. She grabbed the butt of a Colt J Model and lifted me off the ground trying to dislodge the gun. At that time I had a clam shell holster and try as should could, the holster did not open up. My car captain, later told me, took his 18-inch riot baton and struck her squarely on the buttocks, she fell down and took me with her.
                          Laying on the ground seeing all kinds of stars, the car captain looked down and said in a kindly manner with a mocking tone, "Warnock, you doing all right down there." A responding county unit had her in cuffs sitting on the ground with the two other arrestees. For a couple of months, I was razed by fellow cops asking if I had had any enounters with fat girls.
                          That taught me a valuable lesson, never take your eyes off a detained person, woman or not. From that time on, I had a greater respect for the Fair Sex, expecially real big ones.
                          Enjoy the day,
                          Bill

Comment

I once had this moron walk into a C-store I was working security for; mentioned to me he was into martial arts. I said that was nice. He then matter of factly told me he could've snatched my gun away from me if he wanted to, and there wouldn't've been anything I could've sone about it. I told him no, there wasn't much I could've done, but I'm sure my partner standing right near me would have blown a hole in him! With that, he looked over at "Taz", who already had his hand on his pistol, ready to put it to use! And I then informed him that the whole time he was running his big mouth and watching my gun hand, I already had my OC spray out with my off hand, ready to go.

I then informed the bozo to never, ever try such a fool stunt, unless he wanted to find himself dead or in jail.

Too many morons think that even if security carries firearms, they can't or won't use them.
                            Never make a drummer mad; we beat things for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock
                              Enjoy the day,
                              Bill
                              Lucky you! In one of my first domestics, I got stomped right on the foot with a high heeled sandal! YEOWWWW!

It is often said the female of the species is the most vicious.
                              Never make a drummer mad; we beat things for a living!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X