Need new duty weapon--any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gonzo1510
    Am I correct in presuming that this is an issued weapon ?
    Your assumptions are correct. It was an issued weapon. When they tried to get emergency replacements for the S&W, Mass Senator Ted Kennedy tried every trick in the book to prevent the new buy. After all S&W is in his State. The agency I retired from in 1991 would issue newly minted Deputies a choice of either a Sig .45 or S&W Model 66-2-inch .357.
    But that is old history, faded in time. Don't know what they are issued today.
    Enjoy the day.
    Bill

Comment

I actually had very good luck with the S&W 4013 Tactical original model w/o the tac-light rail (not sure what was so tactical about it ). But, great ergonomics, very accurate, and solid. As for other S&W models, I haven't really had any experience with them so I can't say one way or another.
      Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Browning, it's the only way to go.

Comment

I assume that your company won't allow you to carry your own weapon? I guess if they did, you wouldn't be having this problem. I agree with the advice that the other members are giving you.

Each time you go to the range and encounter a malfunction, document it... as well as the other guys with these problems. The video idea is a great idea IMHO.

After you get all your ducks in a row, go have a talk with the decision makers.

As far as what I carry... I carry the Glock 22. I have not had a jam once.
          "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
            I assume that your company won't allow you to carry your own weapon? I guess if they did, you wouldn't be having this problem. I agree with the advice that the other members are giving you.

Each time you go to the range and encounter a malfunction, document it... as well as the other guys with these problems. The video idea is a great idea IMHO.

After you get all your ducks in a row, go have a talk with the decision makers.

As far as what I carry... I carry the Glock 22. I have not had a jam once.
            Oh, how I LOVE my sig p229. All other non-sworn employees in my company however, are required to carry the Glock 22.
            "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X