Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BUCKSHOT
    • Nov 2006

Mva Reports

How was curious to know how many officers on here are responsible for writing MVA reports for their assigned area. If so, do you do a full report with insurance numbers and such, or do you do a basic report like a slip and fall report. What are the determining factors for calling the police?
  • N. A. Corbier
    • Aug 2005

I would write up a standard incident report if someone damaged property belonging to the client with their vehicle on private property. That would be an "unusual incident," and requires a report.

But to write a specific accident report would be useless. Especially the guard does not work for any third party on the property, so they should only be performing report writing for the client or company.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

• T202
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by BUCKSHOT
      How was curious to know how many officers on here are responsible for writing MVA reports for their assigned area. If so, do you do a full report with insurance numbers and such, or do you do a basic report like a slip and fall report. What are the determining factors for calling the police?
      We do a full report with insurance policy numbers, driver and vehicle information and statements from drivers. The police are called on hit and runs, injury, or alcohol or drugs involved.

Comment

• HotelSecurity
        • Mar 2006

When an hotel employee or one working for the contracted parking garage damages a car we write an incident report & fax it to the garage company who is responsible for damages they or employees cause.

When 2 guests hit their own cars they are given a government issued report form to fill out between themselves. Quebec has government run no fault auto insurance. The police will only take reports if there are injuries.
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

• BadBoynMD
          • Feb 2007

My company policy basically states unless the MVA (or MVCollision, cause its not always an accident) occurs on property and damages the clients property no report is needed. We also, do not call the police if there are no injuries or a vehicle does not need to be towed. Here in Maryland a MVC report does not need to be written unless someone is injured or a vehicle has to be towed off the roadway. We simply have the involved exchange information, we make sure the information is correct and everyone goes on there merry ways. If someone is drunk we'll call the police and if the idiot is arrested we'll write a report as we will be most likely called into court.
          "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...