CT to Regulate In-house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CT to Regulate In-house

If signed into law, all in house security will have to be licensed, just like contract. Since background checks are a part of the process, I bet some guards will be out of a job.
    Last edited by Mr. Security; 03-24-2007, 06:11 PM.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Originally posted by Mr. Security
    If signed into law, all in house security will have to be licensed, just like contract. Since background checks are a part of the process, I bet some guards with be out of a job.
    This will also mean that in-house operations with constables will have a problem, since CT law prohibits a licensee from being appointed a special policeman or constable.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
      If signed into law, all in house security will have to be licensed, just like contract. Since background checks are a part of the process, I bet some guards will be out of a job.
      California just did this and it turned out great. CA also mandated 40 hours training before you get your guard card.

California Security Blog
      Domain Registration Services

Comment

Originally posted by publicsafetyred
        California just did this and it turned out great. CA also mandated 40 hours training before you get your guard card.
        CT has some interesting laws regarding security. Square badges, etc. On the flip side, they make any armored car guard a special state police officer through statute.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Update

An article from the AP on this Website's home page stated that this bill has stalled. That's unfortunate, because it means that no criminal background check is required.

Comment

I heard a while ago that it "wasnt" going to make it. I think it is a good idea but they are also talking about some "loop" holes for the larger companies that have internal security.
            www.oramsecurity.com

Comment

The only good thing about it, IMO, is that they won't be required to wear those dorky looking, clunky square badges that we're stuck with in contract security.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X