• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FederalSecurity
    replied
    When nightvision equipment is pointed away from the screen and toward

the audience like it should be, there are no problems whatsoever. We stood

off to the side of the screen facing the audience.
    Last edited by FederalSecurity; 04-04-2007, 01:32 AM. Reason: Addition of information

Leave a comment:

• GCMC Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Chucky
    I assume that the screen was off when you all used the NV goggles? I can't imagine the amount of back flare the screen would have emitted.
    eh, Alot of movies nowadays are real dark, but either way you use the cap with the "daytime viewing" hole and it works ok.

Leave a comment:

• james2go30
    replied
    yup

Originally posted by Chucky
    I assume that the screen was off when you all used the NV goggles? I can't imagine the amount of back flare the screen would have emitted.
    good point.

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied

Leave a comment:

• james2go30
    replied
    hey

Originally posted by Mr. Security
    Honestly, I would give fellow security officers a break. We put up with enough w/o having to pick on each other. If it must be addressed, do it off the record. Just my opinion. (I’m talking policy, not law)
    I strongly agree with ya on that. Got enough people against us as it is lol.

Leave a comment:

• FederalSecurity
    replied
    I've actually worked security for movie screenings before and I also used

nightvision. Chuckling or not, nightvision is very effective in that

environment.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Honestly, I would give fellow security officers a break. We put up with enough w/o having to pick on each other. If it must be addressed, do it off the record. Just my opinion. (I’m talking policy, not law)

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    If they were contracted to the movie theatre, and were fully armed, what would you of been able to do, realistically, without straining relations with an anchor store? They contracted for armed security services. Or, they contracted for non-firearm "armed" security services.

Leave a comment:

• GCMC Security
    replied
    When I worked security at a theater up in MI I used my personnally owned NV monocular. Great way to find people misbehaving lol

Leave a comment:

• Chadly
    started a topic Got a chuckle last week....

Got a chuckle last week....

Last week while I was working, an officer reported a couple S/O's (2) walking around the mall with what appeared to be a baton, in full uniform. So, my superviosr and the P/O assigned tot he mall for the day made an interaction just to see whats up.

Turned out they were called upon to provide security for a movie screening going on in the Movie theater later that night. What we thought was a baton was actually a metal detector and the S/O's also brought a pair of Night vision......

Now, my mall recieved recent media coverage regarding a firearm incident at the mall, so I could see the excuse to bring a Metal detector.. But Night Vision at a Movie Theater...? The regular Security staff at the theater doesnt even use Night vision.

Just a chuckle Id like to share.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X