Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Fox
    replied
    In WA prior to 1989 counties and cities controlled the licensing and were responsible for policing it...usually have police officers do random spot checks. The state took over licensing in 1989 and I don't believe DOL here has any actual inspectors. The state law is fairly clear about licensing violations and those usually come from police reports and citations.

One harsh item the state has is the "professional misconduct" part of the law. Anyone can report a security company or officer for alleged misconduct - anything from not having their license with them to carrying a firearm to operating an unlicensed company and it will be investigated rigorously. This was, unfortunately, a favorite tactic to use for some local companies to "dis" start-ups. But as to who does the investigations I don't have any idea

Leave a comment:

• gixxer32404
    replied
    I believe I did but by the time they investigate it u now have the money. What keep reporting it? They say we mailed it, the po misplaced it.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by gixxer32404 View Post
    I could write a book on stuff I've seen. A d license with a 12 guage. I wish dol would get more involved in the treatment of so's like constant late pay, and low pay.
    Its not the division's place to regulate these things. Low pay is market forces, the state regulating how much a guard makes is a disaster in the process. Look at the TSA.

Constant late pay, you say? REPORT IT TO THE PROPER AUTHORITY. That would be the Department of Labor, NOT the Division of Licensing.

Leave a comment:

• mjw064
    replied
    In the District of Columbia, the state licensing authority is the Security Officers Management Branch of the Metropolitan Police Department.

Commercial Security Companies, Detective Agencies and Propriatary Security Operations are monitored and inspected by members of the Metropolitan Police Department's Security Officers Management Branch.

Security contractors assigned to government facilities and subject to local jurisdiction are monitored and inspected by the Protective Services Police Department's Uniformed Operations Branch.

Some SPO's and SO's might not get inspected in the field ever, while others such as those assigned to government facilities can expect to be inspected at least once per shift.

Leave a comment:

• gixxer32404
    replied
    Originally posted by sec-guy View Post
    I resolve late pay problems by reporting the incident(s) to the Dept. of Labor
    LOL I resolve it by finding another job. I think I did that too. This one was soo late when u get paid it's nearly time for your next. They paid every 2 weeks. I suggested direct deposit. "Some of our so's have bounced so many checks they can't get a bank acct" was the reply I received. There remedy was to change the pay date from Friday to Monday. I heard they are still late. It was always the "post offices fault". LOL

Leave a comment:

• sec-guy
    replied
    I could write a book on stuff I've seen. A d license with a 12 guage. I wish dol would get more involved in the treatment of so's like constant late pay, and low pay.
    I resolve late pay problems by reporting the incident(s) to the Dept. of Labor

Leave a comment:

• gixxer32404
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sec-guy
    replied
    I work unarmed in Florida.

When I started working for the company I'm with now I had to remind them on
    three different ocassions that they had not issued me an I.D. card.

Three months after this I was told there might be an inspector in the area.

I'm not really happy now to find out that I might have been fined for a problem my company had created.

Leave a comment:

• gixxer32404
    replied
    I just read that class "D"licensees may NOT enter subcotractor agreements w/ any licensed agency or other business entity.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I had one company hand me an "employee handbook",then advise they would not be taking out taxes. I decided not to work there. reported it, and it seems nothing was done.
    the division of licensing does not care about tax withholding, only 493 violations.

Leave a comment:

• gixxer32404
    replied
    I had one company hand me an "employee handbook",then advise they would not be taking out taxes. I decided not to work there. reported it, and it seems nothing was done.

Leave a comment:

• gixxer32404
    replied
    Thanks so in the future if I request it they fail I call d.o.l.??

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    you will be fined. the guard firm will be fined. you may have your license suspended if they prove you had willful knowledge of the violation and did not report it.

Leave a comment:

• gixxer32404
    replied
    What is the penalty for not being issued a company id?? Very few up here have ever issued me a company id. Who is penalized if I'm not issued one?

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Something to note in Florida. Inspectors of the Bureau of Investigation, Division of Licensing, Department of Agroculture and Consumer Services are not security officers. They carry badges that have a state seal (Only the government may have a state seal on their badge), and it is inscribed, "INSPECTOR," "DIVISION OF LICENSING," "FLORIDA." Their badge authorizes them to carry a firearm while in the performance of their duties. They may seek injunction or warrant against any person regulated under 493. They do not have arrest powers, but may direct a law enforcement officer to effect an arrest under 493's "misdemeanor for violating any rule" law.

In Ohio, these guys would work for Ohio Department of Justice, to put it in perspective.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X