Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 (reported) s/os killed in the last 25 days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 (reported) s/os killed in the last 25 days...

Since 2-19-07 there have been 5 total LODD's that have been reported by the press not to say that there are or arnt others that were not reported but that is about 1 guard/officer per every 5th day... so if the trend continues... at this pace... that will be 72 LODD that are reported by press that will not include those that did not make papers or local news... this is alarming considering the basically its 1-2 officers/guards a week.. so i pray that we all stay safe esp you hospital and apt guys as thats were most of the LODDs have been.... you highrise/commerical guys have it a little easier :P not to many reported LODDs

btw.... i will continue to try to update the LODD page every other day or so, if anyone wants to help or knows of any (unreported) LODDS please post em
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Is there an LODD section to SIW? I can't find it. Am I blind or is it a link of some kind?
    Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Originally posted by sgtnewby
      Is there an LODD section to SIW? I can't find it. Am I blind or is it a link of some kind?
      Its just a sub-forum. I am slowly working on a program which is ODMP like for a client, for security personnel, but that's all I can say at this time.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
        Its just a sub-forum. I am slowly working on a program which is ODMP like for a client, for security personnel, but that's all I can say at this time.
        Groovy, I have seen another one at one time but can't remember the www address. An old friend of mine was listed on that site. We used to work together here in Minneapolis when I was a part-time bouncer and he was a DJ at a local night club. He moved to Las Vegas and began working in armed security for low income housing just as I was doing here full time. He was dealing with a group of kids loitering in the complex parking lot when one of them pulled out a gun and shot him before he could even draw his own. Seeing this post promted me to inquire because I would like to find it again and I'm currently reminded of what it's like to lose a fellow uniform. One of our paramedics from my hospital just died suddenly last Friday in his home at the age of 25. He worked for us for about 2 years. I didn't know him personally very well, but when he and our other medics bring in combative patients, we rely on eachother to stay safe while maintaining control of people who would otherwise harm us. He was a hero, a good medic, a friendly guy, a devoted father, and we are better for having known him for the short time that we did. He will be missed.

Comment

Groovy, I have seen another one at one time but can't remember the www address. An old friend of mine was listed on that site. We used to work together here in Minneapolis when I was a part-time bouncer and he was a DJ at a local night club. He moved to Las Vegas and began working in armed security for low income housing just as I was doing here full time. He was dealing with a group of kids loitering in the complex parking lot when one of them pulled out a gun and shot him before he could even draw his own. Seeing this post promted me to inquire because I would like to find it again and I'm currently reminded of what it's like to lose a fellow uniform. One of our paramedics from my hospital just died suddenly last Friday in his home at the age of 25. He worked for us for about 2 years. I didn't know him personally very well, but when he and our other medics bring in combative patients, we rely on eachother to stay safe while maintaining control of people who would otherwise harm us. He was a hero, a good medic, a friendly guy, a devoted father, and we are better for having known him for the short time that we did. He will be missed.
          There's a site on Geocities called the NAPSOA World Security Officer Memorial, try searching for it via Google. It may of been the one you saw.

I'm only writing software, it'll be up to people to submit persons for inclusion. Unlike other security guard memorial sites, it will be structured more like a memorial and not a collection of newspaper clippings.

This means that people will have to submit basic details about the incident, and it is restricted to LODD only.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

After visiting ODMP, I was just wondering why it's necessary to "write software" to replicate this website. To me it just looks like some pretty straightforward stock scripts (form submission, DB search, shopping cart, etc.) and JS menus that one would just need to customize (appearance, text, etc.)?

Look at AppGini (http://www.bigprof.com/appgini/index.php) for MySQL DBs, for instance, and try out the free version. The pro version is just $45. For that kind of money (and a lot of others that I use are even cheaper and/or free) I can't afford to write scripts anymore.
            Last edited by SecTrainer; 03-16-2007, 03:31 PM.
            "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

When I say "write software," I use the term in the generic sense. I'm not writing the thing from scratch, obviously.

Your link is interesting, however. I was tempted to write it as a Rails app, but this may come in handy. Thanks.

Comment

When I say "write software," I use the term in the generic sense. I'm not writing the thing from scratch, obviously.
                Gotcha.

Your link is interesting, however. I was tempted to write it as a Rails app, but this may come in handy. Thanks.
                Got a date with Ruby, eh? Everyone's dating her 'cause she's easy and she puts out!

Glad to pass along the tip anyway...could be the wheel you don't need to reinvent.

I make it a point to hang out at all the major script sites because it seems like there's always some new awesome thing coming along and a lot of it is either Open Source or very reasonable. Last count at "Hot Scripts" just for the PHP library alone was something over 11,000 scripts. Of course, you have to watch out for junk, but I haven't had too much trouble spotting that and most of the script sites do have rating systems that help somewhat in that regard - at least with making the first cut.

Most times I do stick with "commercial" scripts for the simple reason that I feel better when I know the author/source has a financial interest in the product and is more likely respond to customer queries, input, etc. As they say, "Beggars can't be choosers" and usually the sophistication, support and development of the freebie scripts is not as good.
                Last edited by SecTrainer; 03-17-2007, 10:40 AM.
                "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer
                  Gotcha.

Got a date with Ruby, eh? Everyone's dating her 'cause she's easy and she puts out!

Glad to pass along the tip anyway...could be the wheel you don't need to reinvent.

I make it a point to hang out at all the major script sites because it seems like there's always some new awesome thing coming along and a lot of it is either Open Source or very reasonable. Last count at "Hot Scripts" just for the PHP library alone was something over 11,000 scripts. Of course, you have to watch out for junk, but I haven't had too much trouble spotting that and most of the script sites do have rating systems that help somewhat in that regard - at least with making the first cut.

Most times I do stick with "commercial" scripts for the simple reason that I feel better when I know the author/source has a financial interest in the product and is more likely respond to customer queries, input, etc. As they say, "Beggars can't be choosers" and usually the sophistication, support and development of the freebie scripts is not as good.
                  I've run some free scripts, but unless they're on sourceforge... No. Just, no. There are some very good free systems. SMF, Joomla, Wordpress... But there are commercial interests behind them, dedicated teams. Some of the stuff on the script sites scares me.

Comment

One of our paramedics from my hospital just died suddenly last Friday in his home at the age of 25.
                    That explains the mourning band I saw on a HCMC paramedic yesterday at Bobby & Steves on Washington Ave. That's sad to hear. HCMC has some of the best paramedics i've ever seen.
                    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

You are correct sir, thank you for your sollidarity. I may just be HCMC security, but the medics are part of the family, we rely on eachother a lot.

Originally posted by davis002
                      That explains the mourning band I saw on a HCMC paramedic yesterday at Bobby & Steves on Washington Ave. That's sad to hear. HCMC has some of the best paramedics i've ever seen.
                      Last edited by sgtnewby; 03-20-2007, 07:36 PM.

Comment

http://privatesecuritymemorial.org/unitedstates.aspx

Here's the link to the S/O LODD website I was talking about.
                        Last edited by sgtnewby; 03-20-2007, 07:35 PM.

Comment

http://privatesecuritymemorial.org/unitedstates.aspx

Here's the link to the S/O LODD website I was talking about.
                          Their site has serious issues. Its returning headers and 500 Internal Server Errors.

Comment

Their site has serious issues. Its returning headers and 500 Internal Server Errors.
                            I don't know much about computers, what does that mean? The site works fine on my computer...

Comment

I don't know much about computers, what does that mean? The site works fine on my computer...
                              It means its a free website hosted by Microsoft, and it also means that Jim Robinson has dissolved his agreement with NAPSOA Incorporated by fiat.

This used to be the NAPSOA World Security Guard Memorial, which was hosted on Geocities. Now, it seems to have all NAPSOA branding removed, and moved to the free websites given out by Microsoft Office Live.

I really didn't like the setup, its less a memorial and more a collection of newspaper clippings. One of the reasons I am working on an ODMP site.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X