X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoCal Public Safety
    replied
    As LP for a department store a few years ago, I was making $9/hr

While working uniformed security, both in-house and contract, I've ranged anywhere between $10/hr to $14/hr.

And now as a manager for a contract security company, my rate is $20.19/hr, but it's actually salaried.

I've been searching Monster and Craigslist for part time gigs, and I haven't found anything for $8 or $9 lately Sign of the times I suppose

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
    I make $10.50 per hour but I have EMT certification. The non-EMT SOs I work alongside only make $8.50 an hour. Yes I know it sucks but compare that to this regions largest private ambulance service, http://www.acadian.com/ where I interviewed and was offered a job as an EMT on an ambulance in Baton Rouge. I was going to be paid $7.15 an hour. I walked out of the interview and didn't look back.
    That was my reply almost 2 years ago.
    Things have changed. I no longer work for American Citadel Guard Service as an EMT/SO.
    I now work for Baton Rouge General Hospital system as an in house unarmed Security Representative (Officer) and earn $11.50 per hour plus night shift differentuals of .75cents an hour and weekend differentials of .75cents an hour. I get paid time off, access to affordable benefits and better supervision and work environment.

Leave a comment:

• Acer
    replied
    I currently make $11.00 bucks an hour. A far cry from what I made at my last place of employment of $16.75 bucks an hour. Which is the most I made in this type of work.

Leave a comment:

• sec-guy
    replied
    I have made between $8.50-$10.00 in recent years depending on the post.

I'm currently working (within walking distance) for $8.50.

Leave a comment:

• BailBondInvestigator
    replied
    I've got a habit of diggin' up old threads that are new to me when I join a forum group.....gonna' be a lot more of it.....

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
    Top out for officer- $22.12 (give or take a few cents)
    extra $0.90 per hour weekend dif.
    extra $1.00 per hour night dif.
    extra $0.90 per hour trainer / charge dif.

At 4.5 years in, I'm at $20.32 per hour (base) , I work nights, every other weekend, and I am also an FTO.
    Wow, this thread started about 2 years ago. Now, I am at top pay which has now reached $23.39 per hour plus the differentials listed above.

Leave a comment:

• BailBondInvestigator
    replied
    Categories??

You really should have categorized this.....folks makin' 15, 16....30 or 40 something an hour???? Yeah armed, management, gov't, LEO/Corrections maybe......my last (non-supervision) gig I made $12.50/hour which is damn good for an entry-level unarmed private rentacop.

Leave a comment:

• Securitysteve
    replied
    $ 15.83 an hour doing armed security at a Government facility.

Leave a comment:

• CorpSec
    replied
    I average $34 an hour. It is a far cry from the $5.10 I averaged as a new security officer in 1992!

Leave a comment:

• Taktiq
    replied
    not Enough!

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by publicsafetyred
    Just to let you know, even proprietary security needs to be licensed in California now.
    I was going to say, 20 bucks says his employer doesn't know or doesn't care. BSIS should be running around right now sending out letters to people who reported unlicensed guards...

Leave a comment:

• publicsafetyred
    replied
    Originally posted by Courtesy Patrol
    That's for a patrol and report only job with no licensing or training required.
    Just to let you know, even proprietary security needs to be licensed in California now.

Leave a comment:

• Courtesy Patrol
    replied
    They pay me minimum wage. That is $7.50 an hour in California, and I work 45 hours a week. So the raw pay isn't too great. On the other hand since my employer is an apartment complex I pay $150 a month for a $1300 a month or so apartment. I'm able to support two people and a dog on what I bring home.

If you count what they discount off of my rent and add it to what I make a month and then divide by the hours I work my pay would be about $14 /hr. That's for a patrol and report only job with no licensing or training required.

Leave a comment:

• publicsafetyred
    replied
    53 respondents now and it looks like the average is now around $15 per hour. Does someone want to check my math?

Again, I was expecting the average to be $10 per hour.

Leave a comment:

• Qarlo X64
    replied
    Well I just switched PSCs (Private Security Contractor) and will begin my new post working with a team of others [whom I've met and for once appears to be worth a damn] conducting INT/EXT. Mall Security. The post I'm at starts @ $8.00 but the unit is rapidly being rebuilt up and promotions means better pay. The way I understand it is that the site is generally a $9.50 - $10.00 hrly post. The only thing that miffed me was that yet again my LV III Commission status cannot be utilized doing Mall Security! I mean I understand why, but when you've paid your dues [in field] to get your commission, have paid the monetary dues and become ceritfied in the usage of not only firearms and unarmed tactics, along with the usage of aspe/baton, pepperspray etc, and then you're not allowed to carry it... well it makes me a sad panda indeed. Lately (as with the last PSC I officially resign from tomorrow afternoon) it seems the only thing clients want are unarmed PSOs, so I question as to why armed PSOs even exist still when off duty LEOs get all the good security patrol beats. In spite of all that, I'm ready for something new and to finally work with a team of others rather than solo or with only one other.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X