Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cops killing cops

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=5110455

This is not a happy newstory i was distraught when i first read the story, i could not understand why i cop would turn and shot his fellow, i wonder what the outcome of this case will be. should be interesting to watch it develop.
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce
    http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=5110455

This is not a happy newstory i was distraught when i first read the story, i could not understand why i cop would turn and shot his fellow, i wonder what the outcome of this case will be. should be interesting to watch it develop.
    Cops didn't kill a cop, he killed a bad guy.

An off-duty cop shot and killed a man early Saturday morning in Brooklyn after the man allegedly opened fire on another off-duty officer.

Comment

hey

the cop didn't shoot the other cop he shot some kid that a gun in the detectives face...well thats what I got when I read it.

Comment

Where do you see a cop shooting a cop in that story?

Also, the victims sister is an idiot...

"This is crazy. I thought they could defuse the situation, not kill him," said victim's sister, Andrea Pollidore.

"Why did they wound him?" Pollidore said. "Why did they have to kill him?"

My response to that... HE POINTED A LOADED GUN AT A POLICE OFFICER AND SHOT HIM!

"The police say he pointed this 9mm gun towards the head of an unarmed off-duty detective from the NYPD. He happened to be at the club with another off-duty police.

They say the young man then shot the detective in the foot. Then as he allegedly stood over the detective, the other cop pulled out his gun, firing four times and killing the 21-year-old."

Yea, how dare they kill him! They should of tried to talk to him and reason with him...

It would be difficult for me to not tell the victims sister that her brother is dead because he was a douchebag moron that shot a police officer. I apologize for the negative tone, but when people complain like this it strikes a nerve.
        "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

i must have mis read the story. at first, after rereading i stand corrected.
          Its not how we die that counts.....
          Its not how we lived that counts....
          all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Originally posted by davis002

"This is crazy. I thought they could defuse the situation, not kill him," said victim's sister, Andrea Pollidore.

My response to that... HE POINTED A LOADED GUN AT A POLICE OFFICER AND SHOT HIM!

"The police say he pointed this 9mm gun towards the head of an unarmed off-duty detective from the NYPD. He happened to be at the club with another off-duty police.

They say the young man then shot the detective in the foot. Then as he allegedly stood over the detective, the other cop pulled out his gun, firing four times and killing the 21-year-old."

Yea, how dare they kill him! They should of tried to talk to him and reason with him...

It would be difficult for me to not tell the victims sister that her brother is dead because he was a douchebag moron that shot a police officer. I apologize for the negative tone, but when people complain like this it strikes a nerve.
            It's quite simple really. You take what you see in the movies (entertainment), add in some cool TV shows like 24 (more entertainment) where they can draw, aim, fire and purposely "wound" a subject all in a matter of 2-3 seconds. Then add in some TV news reports (99% BS) , and Joe average citizen thinks these things are possible with every gun carrying official. I stopped getting pissed off at remarks made by "victims" relatives and friends. They simply only see that they're loved one or friend was shot and/or killed. They could careless as to WHY they were, just simply happening is enough.
            "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by davis002

My feelings exactly. In addition, this guy is just as big of a moron:

The local council are wondering how the situation escalated so quickly and why guns were in the bar in the first place.

"We have police officers bringing guns in a social club," NYC Council member Charles Barron said. "It's disturbing."

It disturbs this man that trained police officers are carrying guns? Should they leave them outside? That way, if the shooter proceeds to kill the detective and shoot a few others in the club, the police officers could stand by and watch?

Many nightclub security officers are armed. Fights and shootings routinely occur in these places. That's why there are usually uniformed police officers hanging around outside. Does this councilman know anything?

Idiots like this guy are a complete waste of carbon.

Comment

Originally posted by LPGuy
                My feelings exactly. In addition, this guy is just as big of a moron:

The local council are wondering how the situation escalated so quickly and why guns were in the bar in the first place.

"We have police officers bringing guns in a social club," NYC Council member Charles Barron said. "It's disturbing."

It disturbs this man that trained police officers are carrying guns? Should they leave them outside? That way, if the shooter proceeds to kill the detective and shoot a few others in the club, the police officers could stand by and watch?

Many nightclub security officers are armed. Fights and shootings routinely occur in these places. That's why there are usually uniformed police officers hanging around outside. Does this councilman know anything?

Idiots like this guy are a complete waste of carbon.
                LP Guy et al, you see where this is heading, you are only a police officer while on shift, after that you are the average citizen.
                Television and many news reporters do not want to understand that a decision must be made by the officer within 7/10s of a second to shoot or not shoot.
                Down in Florida many years a go and university professor by the name of Kirkland was critical of police officers in the actions and reactions. One veteran police officer, told the professor he had to be there to understand. Kirkland when through the academy and was sworn as a reserve officer. His whole attitude changed, in a couple of incidents the veterans had to calm Kirkland down, take it easy doc, we go through this on a daily basis.
                From then on, his psychology classes changed. He got permission from both the university and police department to teach in while in uniform.
                We in this and related law enforcement fields do not have the luxury of putting a situation on hold while we and colleagues adjourn to the sand tables to map a change in strategy.
                We fall into that US Army trap when addressing a deficiency, "Floor was found dirty." Response, "Floor Cleaned." Period! Nothing in the response addresses the need to develop a methodology to preclude the floor from remaining dirty again. We need to change and adapt. That is before, during if time permits and after an event. If an instant decision is needed, we can't leave the room in order to change our mind.
                Enjoy the day,
                Bill
                Last edited by Bill Warnock; 03-13-2007, 12:24 PM. Reason: Missing word

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock
                  LP Guy et al, you see where this is heading, you are only a police officer while on shift, after that you are the average citizen.
                  Television and many news reporters do not want to understand that a decision must be made by the officer within 7/10s of a second to shoot or not shoot.Down in Florida many years a go and university professor by the name of Kirkland was critical of police officers in the actions and reactions. One veteran police officer, told the professor he had to be there to understand. Kirkland when through the academy and was sworn as a reserve officer. His whole attitude changed, in a couple of incidents the veterans had to calm Kirkland down, take it easy doc, we go through this on a daily basis.
                  From then on, his psychology classes changed. He got permission from both the university and police department to teach in while in uniform.
                  We in this and related law enforcement fields do not have the luxury of putting a situation on hold while we and colleagues adjourn to the sand tables to map a change in strategy.
                  We fall into that US Army trap when addressing a deficiency, "Floor was found dirty." Response, "Floor Cleaned." Period! Nothing in the response addresses the need to develop a methodology to preclude the floor from remaining dirty again. We need to change and adapt. That is before, during if time permits and after an event. If an instant decision is needed, we can't leave the room in order to change our mind.
                  Enjoy the day,
                  Bill
                  I used to tell officers - The split second decision you make today may be debated in the courts for years.
                  Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                  Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X