Graveyards..... and the 10 things i love about them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxerGuard
    tlangsr, it looks like your biased just because I am a felon.
    If you mean that tlangsr and I are inclined to favor non-felons in the security industry, then yes, you would be correct.

I am in good phyhsical shape...probably better than most here.
    This is entirely irrelevant.

If anything I'm trying to raise the bar for this industry.
    Oh, maybe I was mistaken--I guess we just need more physically fit people in this industry to "raise the bar." Does anyone know if O.J. Simpson or Ray Lewis are interested in security jobs?

This is reality here...when I bounced, former gang members were at the door with me.
    I knew it. Thug for hire, just like I said.

Comment

Originally posted by LPGuy
      Does anyone know if O.J. Simpson or Ray Lewis are interested in security jobs?
      At a night club on friday, yeah I'd take O.J. or Ray over someone with a guard card who isn't in shape. Totally relevant.

Comment

I believe that in this industry you have to be fit, however, you also have to have a cool head, Professionalism, integrity, and be alert. you have already shown us that you lack quite a bit my friend.
        Todd

Comment

It's only a matter of time before this comes to an end...

Comment

tlangsr, it looks like your biased just because I am a felon. I am in good phyhsical shape...probably better than most here. If anything I'm trying to raise the bar for this industry.

This is reality here...when I bounced, former gang members were at the door with me. Theres no way that some old lady or mild mannered guy could handle the door at a hot club.
            That's something for the club owner to be proud of, a bunch of felons bringing crap to his club.
            Todd

Comment

Originally posted by tlangsr
              That's something for the club owner to be proud of, a bunch of felons bringing crap to his club.
              More like doing a good job of keeping the crap out of it.

Comment

If they really have changed their lives, what is going to stop their former buddies from coming and shooting the place up? If they, like you, haven't changed then they are just gonna bring more dope, more dopers, and more drama to the club than their already is.
                Todd

Comment

Your logical arguement makes sense. But we never encountered those problems.

Comment

well I have never been shot but it doesn't mean it won't happen the next time I go out my front door. Stray bullet go straight into my chest.
                    Todd

Comment

well I have never been shot but it doesn't mean it won't happen the next time I go out my front door. Stray bullet go straight into my chest.
                      Or the ground may collapse from underneath our feet, and we may descend into an abyss of darkness.

Comment

...Remember the saying "90% of cops sleep on graveyards, the other 10% lie about it" Security has less pay, less incentive to work etc...
                        I don't know how accurate that saying is where you are from
                        but I can tell you (and guarantee) that when it comes to the police
                        forces in the province where I live, that saying is 100% false.

We aren't talking some crappy little podunk villages where the one
                        cop on duty kicks back with his feet up on the dashboard until something
                        happens. Our towns and cities have police forces that are pro-active and are kept busy in fighting crime and arresting offenders.

British Columbia (specifically the Lower Mainland) leads our country
                        in car thefts. Close behind that follow break and enters, break and
                        enters to vehicles, impaired driving and drug-related crimes.
                        Our police are kept busy (days and nights) and I defy anyone to prove otherwise.

The security company I work for and many like it have established an
                        excellent working relationship with local law enforcement and many
                        get to see that a career in public law enforcement is anything but
                        a sleepy, lazy night in the patrol car.

I am thinking your saying is something that doesn't accurately
                        represent most law enforcement agencies nor the individual
                        officers working for them but the saying sounds like it's pretty close to your attitude and capabilities though.

I pity the company you work for if you spend any time sleeping on the
                        job. I pity your clients and their property.
                        If you sleep on the job you are basically a thief. You're ripping off your
                        company and clients and putting their assets at risk.

After reading a good number of your posts, I dare say that you are the
                        type of guard most good companies should avoid like the plague.
                        You moral values seem pretty weak and your workmanship and quality
                        of work leave a lot to be desired.

If I had a guard remotely like you under my supervision, their employment
                        with the company would be very brief.

With any luck, you'll be caught sleeping on the job and terminated
                        by your company.

If you're unlucky maybe a dangerous criminal will discover you sleeping
                        on duty and wreak havoc on your site and your napping idle warm body
                        attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by metalgolem
                          I don't know how accurate that saying is where you are from
                          but I can tell you (and guarantee) that when it comes to the police
                          forces in the province where I live, that saying is 100% false.

We aren't talking some crappy little podunk villages where the one
                          cop on duty kicks back with his feet up on the dashboard until something
                          happens. Our towns and cities have police forces that are pro-active and are kept busy in fighting crime and arresting offenders.

British Columbia (specifically the Lower Mainland) leads our country
                          in car thefts. Close behind that follow break and enters, break and
                          enters to vehicles, impaired driving and drug-related crimes.
                          Our police are kept busy (days and nights) and I defy anyone to prove otherwise.

The security company I work for and many like it have established an
                          excellent working relationship with local law enforcement and many
                          get to see that a career in public law enforcement is anything but
                          a sleepy, lazy night in the patrol car.

I am thinking your saying is something that doesn't accurately
                          represent most law enforcement agencies nor the individual
                          officers working for them but the saying sounds like it's pretty close to your attitude and capabilities though.

I pity the company you work for if you spend any time sleeping on the
                          job. I pity your clients and their property.
                          If you sleep on the job you are basically a thief. You're ripping off your
                          company and clients and putting their assets at risk.

After reading a good number of your posts, I dare say that you are the
                          type of guard most good companies should avoid like the plague.
                          You moral values seem pretty weak and your workmanship and quality
                          of work leave a lot to be desired.

If I had a guard remotely like you under my supervision, their employment
                          with the company would be very brief.

With any luck, you'll be caught sleeping on the job and terminated
                          by your company.

If you're unlucky maybe a dangerous criminal will discover you sleeping
                          on duty and wreak havoc on your site and your napping idle warm body
                          attitude.
                          It is very unfortunate that he is still here. Look at some of his other postings and you will see why I say this. N.A Corbier has requested we not respond to boxerguards Posts as they will be deleted as spam if anything against the rules is found in them. As for you, have a safe and wonderful day.
                          Todd

Comment

It is very unfortunate that he is still here. Look at some of his other postings and you will see why I say this. N.A Corbier has requested we not respond to boxerguards Posts as they will be deleted as spam if anything against the rules is found in them. As for you, have a safe and wonderful day.
                            Well, I mean, you can reply to them, but it'll look weird when you're replying to non-existant posts...
                            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

1) Get more paperwork done
                              2) No being dispatched to calls (everyone needs a break every now and again)
                              3) No idiot guests who act like you owe them the world.
                              4) Looking out for people who like to use the lot as a place to "do it" and chase them off (no joke, this has been happening more and more lately).
                              5) Get to go off property (but still within an eyeshot of the mall) to eat as opposed to Food Hall type food.

guess thats all
                              "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                                Well, I mean, you can reply to them, but it'll look weird when you're replying to non-existant posts...
                                good point...
                                Todd

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X