No announcement yet.

Security Officer Associations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is that most states are "right to work," and they can fire you without cause, just as you can quit without cause.

"I joined the Florida Security Officer's Association."

"That's nice, we're letting you go because we don't have a site for you anymore."
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      The problem is that most states are "right to work," and they can fire you without cause, just as you can quit without cause.

"I joined the Florida Security Officer's Association."

"That's nice, we're letting you go because we don't have a site for you anymore."

What he said!
      My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

I dont know of many security officer assoc. Does anyone know of any good ones that also cover Ohio S/O's ?? Stay Safe All

Comment

I have been thinking about starting an Association for Security Officers for some time now. The main reason that I think we need our Association is because there is not a group out there that represents us, I have found a couple but as I stated before they are mostly for originations, or unprofessional or they only want to make money from us. In fact, this is the first professional Security officer Forum that I have found.

I have been very lucky in the Security Industry, I love this business I have been in the security business since I was 18, I started out making minimum wage and now I make a 6 figure salary. I am not saying this to brag, but to let people know that you can do well in this business if you have a place for advice and to network.

I want to give back and help my fellow Security officers in what can be a trying profession to be in. We get very little respect from the public, corporate managers look at us an expense that creates no profit for there company and Public Law Enforcement has varied opinions of us (generally not positive). We need a place where we can band together for the good of the people that work in this industry.

I would like to ask for your help in creating such an origination. I will completely fund the creation of this Association.

Here are my ideas:

- The Association will be FREE for all Security Professionals to join, many of us are modestly paid and I will not take advantage of anyone in this business.

-I spoke to a web developer that makes websites that are similar to the website ?friendster.com? I feel that this type of site will best serve us because this type of websites main purpose is to network a group of people with a similar interest together. I have already given him a deposit and the site will be up in a few weeks. This will be a ?bare bones? version of the site, we will work together to make the site into something we can all be proud of (like the colors, text, ect).

-What will be the name of this Association? We nee to decide this soon because I need to purchase and register the web domain. A couple of ideas I came up with are; National Security Officers Association, Association of Professional Security Officers, International Security Officers Association. Let me have some ideas.

What do all of you think?
          Last edited by SecurityJamesUSA; 12-24-2005, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SecurityJamesUSA
            I have been thinking about starting an Association for Security Officers for some time now. The main reason that I think we need our Association is because there is not a group out there that represents us, I have found a couple but as I stated before they are mostly for originations, or unprofessional or they only want to make money from us. In fact, this is the first professional Security officer Forum that I have found.

I have been very lucky in the Security Industry, I love this business I have been in the security business since I was 18, I started out making minimum wage and now I make a 6 figure salary. I am not saying this to brag, but to let people know that you can do well in this business if you have a place for advice and to network.

I want to give back and help my fellow Security officers in what can be a trying profession to be in. We get very little respect from the public, corporate managers look at us an expense that creates no profit for there company and Public Law Enforcement has varied opinions of us (generally not positive). We need a place where we can band together for the good of the people that work in this industry.

I would like to ask for your help in creating such an origination. I will completely fund the creation of this Association.

Here are my ideas:

- The Association will be FREE for all Security Professionals to join, many of us are modestly paid and I will not take advantage of anyone in this business.

-I spoke to a web developer that makes websites that are similar to the website ?friendster.com? I feel that this type of site will best serve us because this type of websites main purpose is to network a group of people with a similar interest together. I have already given him a deposit and the site will be up in a few weeks. This will be a ?bare bones? version of the site, we will work together to make the site into something we can all be proud of (like the colors, text, ect).

-What will be the name of this Association? We nee to decide this soon because I need to purchase and register the web domain. A couple of ideas I came up with are; National Security Officers Association, Association of Professional Security Officers, International Security Officers Association. Let me have some ideas.

What do all of you think?
            Please, for the love of God, make sure the web platform is not ASP .NET. Most Linux based solutions require minimal intervention after the system's up. ASP .NET... The average security debugging of someone's C# .NET code is 100 dollars per hour. And its running on a Windows 2003 server, which means you get to play "I'm sorry, we had down time today." The only way I advise anyone to use Windows 2003 for a server platform is if they're going full out with a hosted Exchange and Live server system.

As far as a name... (The) Assocation of Professional Security and Protection Officers? (APSPO) By using both "Security" and "Protection," more people are apt to identify their professional with the association. After all, there's a big trend to get away from the word "security" entirely in some companies.

Another one would be (The) Private Security, Police, and Protection Officer's Assocation (PSPPOA) which identifies just about everyone in the private protective services industry.

One of the biggest things is advertising and PR. Everyone knows about IFPO because we all see their certifications after the end of employee's, manager's, and supervisor's names. CPP, CSS, etc. These are much the de facto standard for security guard services credentialing. Many states and Canada considers the CPO program continuing education for state/provience certification.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

This template is really squared away I personally know several people using it.

This association will mostly be a place for Security Officers to call home, where they can post on forums, chat with other members and exchange ideas and network for jobs.. So I am not really interested in competing with other groups or making money by selling Certifications. It will be a place where Security Officers can band together.

I am sure there can be come career development courses for security officers later

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X