Know it alls....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know it alls....

how do you deal with ? i have ran into a few in the few years that i have done security, they are the type that think they know it all, and are eager to prove their point and beat the bush even though there is that chance that they are wrong and you try to tell them that and they get huffy and puffy.. and "report" you for being rude to them etc......

i for one usally ignore this type of personal.... doing the unnn hunh, yeah sure, ok, i understand...... babble and etc... even though they continue to prod at the topic.. and dont realize they are being ignore.

i typically find this works better.. as they are usally the gung ho type thats gonna end up getting hurt on the job because remember they know it all, the know how to do everything and handle ever situation, luckily i have never had to deal with a fellow officer/guard down.... or injuried... but it is more likely to happen with those type of know it alls...
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

hey

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce
    how do you deal with ? i have ran into a few in the few years that i have done security, they are the type that think they know it all, and are eager to prove their point and beat the bush even though there is that chance that they are wrong and you try to tell them that and they get huffy and puffy.. and "report" you for being rude to them etc......

i for one usally ignore this type of personal.... doing the unnn hunh, yeah sure, ok, i understand...... babble and etc... even though they continue to prod at the topic.. and dont realize they are being ignore.

i typically find this works better.. as they are usally the gung ho type thats gonna end up getting hurt on the job because remember they know it all, the know how to do everything and handle ever situation, luckily i have never had to deal with a fellow officer/guard down.... or injuried... but it is more likely to happen with those type of know it alls...
    seen a few of those...they will never die unfourtunately...matter of fact just removed one from my site for overstepping his bounds and disobeying post orders.

Comment

I too despise dealing with the know it alls. One of my favorite things is when you have 105% proven them wrong they look at you and say, "Well, they must have changed that recently then...."

LMAO, duma$$....
      ~Super Ninja Sniper~
      Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

There is one in every department

I find it best to NOT get into a wizzing contest with them no matter how hard it is. If they are doing stupid things that could get you, them or anyone hurt, tell the know-it-all what they are doing is going to get somone hurt, if it dosen't register (and usualy don't) go up the food chain! Normally with those types give them enought rope and they will hang themself!

Comment

Originally posted by Knight Watch
          I find it best to NOT get into a wizzing contest with them no matter how hard it is. If they are doing stupid things that could get you, them or anyone hurt, tell the know-it-all what they are doing is going to get somone hurt, if it dosen't register (and usualy don't) go up the food chain! Normally with those types give them enought rope and they will hang themself!
          Sadly, you will always encounter this type of security officer. Hell, in any profession you will encounter this type of person.

I've spent countless areas researching Maryland law in regards with security. I always find it funny how people (the know it alls) tell me (as if they actually know) what we can and can not due. The problem is that people just don't research what they hear and take it as fact. I've also come to realize that most of the "know it alls" are normally the cop wanna be's that make professional security officers look bad.
          "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by BadBoynMD
            Sadly, you will always encounter this type of security officer. Hell, in any profession you will encounter this type of person.

I've spent countless areas researching Maryland law in regards with security. I always find it funny how people (the know it alls) tell me (as if they actually know) what we can and can not due. The problem is that people just don't research what they hear and take it as fact. I've also come to realize that most of the "know it alls" are normally the cop wanna be's that make professional security officers look bad.
            "I can be licensed as a police man or special constable!"

No, you can't, Mr. Marchetti.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Eh we have woods in the back of the hospital i just bury know it alls out there

Comment

Originally posted by GCMC Security
                Eh we have woods in the back of the hospital i just bury know it alls out there
                if i could trust me i would.
                Its not how we die that counts.....
                Its not how we lived that counts....
                all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

It’s the back yard lawyer types that are the most troublesome.
                  My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Soometimes you can be called a know-it-all simply because you are doing your job the way it is supposed to be done, especially when you are working with lazy people. I was labeled "The Efficiency Expert" when I worked for Pinkerton many many years ago. It was my first security job in a sugar refinery. We did not have a logbook we had forms to check off things we found during our patrols. Some of the things dealt with fire extinguishers. Since they were on the form & since my safety could be in danger if they we not in operating condition, I would report them everytime I found one hidden behind things or when they needed service. This drove the other older guards crazy because they did not see this as part of our job.
                    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Earth to anyone on securityinfowatch!!!

Who is the king of "know it alls"?

NA Corbier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Realsecurity

Let's not get this sort of thing started again, please. It doesn't interest anyone. It doesn't enlighten anyone, and it doesn't help anyone.
                        Last edited by SecTrainer; 03-09-2007, 10:26 PM.
                        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by Realsecurity

Really? I had money on Marchetti, but if that's what you thinik, so be it.

Corbier is as passionate as the next professional, when someone brings something up that is not aligned with what we know to be factual, it will be brought to light in no uncertain terms. Why beat around the bush?
                          ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                          Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Please go away. This forum is for security professionals not for children or persons suffering from or with diminished capacity.
                            Please accept my apology if any of the words exceed one syllable.
                            Bill Warnock

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock
                              Please go away. This forum is for security professionals not for children or persons suffering from or with diminished capacity.
                              Please accept my apology if any of the words exceed one syllable.
                              Bill Warnock
                              You sir, due to some of your posts, have caused me to go out and buy a new dictionary.
                              Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                              Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X