Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is This The Future Of The Security Industry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
    Yes.

This is what you get when you 1) defund the police, 2) guilt trip everyone into thinking the criminals need to go free because 'the system' is guilty, and 3) legalize drugs and make them cool. Get everyone addicted to a machine in their hand that provides instant answers (but not the ones we need), and instant (banal) entertainment, 24/7.

I'd say it is a vast, mastermind conspiracy to destroy us, but I apply Occam's Razor. We did it to ourselves.
    As always ++++ for your views

Leave a comment:

• The Night Rider
    replied
    Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
    I'd say it is a vast, mastermind conspiracy to destroy us, but I apply Occam's Razor. We did it to ourselves.
    Those two things are NOT mutually exclusive

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    replied
    Yes.

This is what you get when you 1) defund the police, 2) guilt trip everyone into thinking the criminals need to go free because 'the system' is guilty, and 3) legalize drugs and make them cool. Get everyone addicted to a machine in their hand that provides instant answers (but not the ones we need), and instant (banal) entertainment, 24/7.

Leave a comment:

• Is This The Future Of The Security Industry?

I've been reading the security subreddit on Reddit for about a year. And when I'm reading it I'm finding repeated references to guards having to quit their jobs because they had anxiety attacks or guards having mental breakdowns or medication issues or ADHD issues. I'm also seeing a lot of questions asked how do I avoid the drug test? How long before I go in do I have to stop smoking weed so that I won't come up hot.

What really surprises me is that these are people who are seeking armed positions. These are people who routinely talk about going Hands-On with vagrants and bragging about beating the s*** out of them.

Where I'm at security has an extremely limited role. In 15 years I never worked a job that wasn't strictly Observe and Report was absolutely zero Police Authority.

You ask them to comply with whatever the property owner's rule that they're not complying with or you ask them to leave. If they refuse to either you call the police. (Around here at the time that I retired the police were still responding). The only time we were ever allowed to use physical force was in self-defense or defense of another.

So is this what the future of this industry holds? Are we going to have a bunch of doped up ADHD cases you can't find a job anywhere else standing posts while armed?
    Last edited by The Night Rider; 09-21-2022, 12:29 PM.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X