Ojt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ojt

I work contract security Shuffle from site to site It always surprises me the BELOW PAR of On the Job Training Never enough I am at a new site, Manufacturing plant
    "16" OJT It should be more like "40" hours I had to do some learning on my own, at no costs to my contract employer, or the manufacturing site
    And even after volunteering to work some of my own free time, I still am learning
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Case in point: one of our merchants got vandalized very badly back in 2020. It turned out to be a random, one time attack, but it was hard to tell. They decided to have a contract guard do foot patrol around their building for a week or two.

I see this guy walking around in open toe Crocs or a similar type sandal. I introduce myself - he appears confused. I have to explain that the facility has its own security, in addition to various contract guards. I ask him if he knows why he's patrolling the building. He had no clue.

So, I explain to him what happened, and hooked him up with a photo of the suspect and gave him our # if he needed assistance. I know these contract companies are short guards and supervisors, but come on...

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
      Case in point: one of our merchants got vandalized very badly back in 2020. It turned out to be a random, one time attack, but it was hard to tell. They decided to have a contract guard do foot patrol around their building for a week or two.

I see this guy walking around in open toe Crocs or a similar type sandal. I introduce myself - he appears confused. I have to explain that the facility has its own security, in addition to various contract guards. I ask him if he knows why he's patrolling the building. He had no clue.

So, I explain to him what happened, and hooked him up with a photo of the suspect and gave him our # if he needed assistance. I know these contract companies are short guards and supervisors, but come on...
      WTF !!! Part of me faults contract security provider, but come on sandals!!! Even black sneakers are better than sandals
      However the real blame comes with contract security Nothing, just drop this poor sap into something with no info

Case in Point Anyone remember Circuity City? They were Best Buy's competitor I got a call one Friday night from my
      road supervisor "Got to shoot over to Circuit City and go into the store, and you are going to sit inside the store
      all night Their alarms are not working"

I drive over to Circuit City and introduce myself to the store manager

She had no clue they were sending over a Securitas guard to watch the store overnight

She was about to NOT let me stay inside the store, but she made a phone call to the District Circuit City manager and was
      given the okay to stay I asked her "what do I do?" "Just walk around and look important" She said this with a laugh

http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X