• sgtnewby
    replied
    [QUOTE=bigdog]its a she. frederica wilson

[center]

OOPS... My bad...

Leave a comment:

• bigdog
    replied
    yes unfortunately. If this were to pass( little chance but its still possible) it would mean all the work it took to pass the semi auto for security law wouldve ben for nothing.
    Last edited by bigdog; 03-08-2007, 12:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Hmm. I think I lost interest in the bill before I got there. Also, is it me, or would this force security in Florida to go back to wheel guns?
    Then they would be just like our colleague's in Washington, DC who are only authorized to carry Smith & Wesson .38 revolvers.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Arff312
    N.A i dont mean to correct you , But this topic intrested me and i felt i had to see for myself taht this was true, and there was no L.E exception. While reading it I found that Actually it does right have a L.E Exception

8 (4) Subsection (2) does not apply to:

9 (a) The manufacture for, transfer to, or possession of

10 a semiautomatic assault firearm by a department or agency of

11 the United States; by a department, agency, or political

12 subdivision of a state; or by a law enforcement officer

13 employed by such an entity for purposes of law enforcement,

14 whether on or off duty;
    Hmm. I think I lost interest in the bill before I got there. Also, is it me, or would this force security in Florida to go back to wheel guns?

Leave a comment:

• Arff312
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Anyone notice this bill has no provision to allow law enforcement officers to possess semi-automatic assault weapons?
    N.A i dont mean to correct you , But this topic intrested me and i felt i had to see for myself taht this was true, and there was no L.E exception. While reading it I found that Actually it does right have a L.E Exception

8 (4) Subsection (2) does not apply to:

9 (a) The manufacture for, transfer to, or possession of

10 a semiautomatic assault firearm by a department or agency of

11 the United States; by a department, agency, or political

12 subdivision of a state; or by a law enforcement officer

13 employed by such an entity for purposes of law enforcement,

14 whether on or off duty;

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied
    Originally posted by bigdog
    its a she. frederica wilson
    Noted and my post corrected to reflect the she-ness of Ms. Wilson - thanks.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Anyone notice this bill has no provision to allow law enforcement officers to possess semi-automatic assault weapons?

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Originally posted by SecTrainer
    Oh, well...these sorts of half-baked bills get introduced all the time. You can find bills introduced attempting to outlaw everything from bubble gum to grandfather clocks.

It is very gratifying (and quite significant) to note that this bill is not co-sponsored by even one of Mr. Wilson's colleagues, which pretty much spells doom for it's passage. But then, he probably knew that anyway. Lots of times these bills are introduced without even the faint hope they'll pass just for reasons of political campaigning, etc. "I introduced a bill that...blah, blah". Perhaps he suddenly looked up one day and noticed that he hadn't done anything during his term to justify his salary and thought he'd better have something to show for all that graft....
    They will have to pry my grandfaher clock from my cold dead hands.

Leave a comment:

• bigdog
    replied
    its a she. frederica wilson

District Office:
    18425 N.W. 2nd Avenue,
    Suite 310
    Miami Gardens, FL 33169
    (305) 654-7150
    SunCom: 429-7150
    FAX: (888) 284-8589
    FAX Suncom: 429-7153

Legislative Assistants:
    Joan Glickman, Patricia Lightfoot and Angela Lane

Tallahassee Office:
    Room 202
    Senate Office Building
    404 South Monroe Street
    Tallahassee, FL
    32399-1100
    (850) 487-5116
    SunCom: 277-5116 Email:
    [email protected]
    flsenate.gov
    Last edited by bigdog; 03-08-2007, 03:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    So, it's ok to have 5 in the tube and 1 in the pipe of double ot buckshot in a 12 guage automatic, but it's not ok to have, say, a Glock 36 (45 ACP) with a 6 shot magazine plus 1 in the pipe, because it has a detatchable magazine? Is it just me, or would the shotgun do more damage? I think this guy has way too much time on his hands and not a the first clue about anything pertaining to firearms. What a geek, duh
    Last edited by sgtnewby; 03-08-2007, 02:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied
    Originally posted by bigdog
    Oh, well...these sorts of half-baked bills get introduced all the time. You can find bills introduced attempting to outlaw everything from bubble gum to grandfather clocks.

It is very gratifying (and quite significant) to note that this bill is not co-sponsored by even one of Ms. Wilson's colleagues, which pretty much spells doom for it's passage. But then, she probably knew that anyway. Lots of times these bills are introduced without even the faint hope they'll pass just for reasons of political campaigning, etc. "I introduced a bill that...blah, blah". Perhaps she suddenly looked up one day and noticed that she hadn't done anything during her term to justify her salary and thought she'd better have something to show the people for all that graft....
    Last edited by SecTrainer; 03-08-2007, 09:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• florida legislator trying to outlaw semi auto pistols

link to bill

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X