X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhantomX0990
    replied
    Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
    It is hard sometimes, but even with co-workers I would never associate with outside of work, I always remember: this person may be the one to perform first aid on you or call 911 if everything goes south - so I try to be reasonably nice in the sandbox...
    I agree with. In my career I've done my fair share of sites, alone and with a team and I always prefer a team. I love getting to know people and knowing who has my back is a good thing, especially in the industry I'm in.

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    replied
    It is hard sometimes, but even with co-workers I would never associate with outside of work, I always remember: this person may be the one to perform first aid on you or call 911 if everything goes south - so I try to be reasonably nice in the sandbox...

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    On the flip side I work occasionally work with a Guard who has traveled all over the world Dubai, all over the Mideast. Europe, all over Europe Japan, South America, South Korea He is a good to work with He as well a History Buff. Fascinating to listen to history in the 1300's

BTW he, and I are on the opposite of voting spectrum He leans left, and I lean right But we get along quite well

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    replied
    It is tough when you're stuck with someone who is miserable. I always found some excuse to get away from them ("Why don't you continue your patrol, I want to go back and check X at that other building..."). And there is no point in giving them any constructive advice - they just want to vent.

And I've worked with two very questionable guards - one I'm sure had gang affiliations that he never severed - luckily, I never saw him do anything on site that caused me to go to the higher ups. Let's just say I never walked around with him near streets or open parking lots...

Leave a comment:

• The Night Rider
    replied
    I was incredibly lucky in that the majority of my "career" I worked alone but I have worked with that guy who Will. Not. Shut up. All shify long.

it's been my experience that all you can really do is shut up and just try to make it through the shift without going ballistic on them

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    started a topic Bringing problems from home, or STFU

Bringing problems from home, or STFU

Ever work with another Guard who spends the entire shift telling you about their life at home, or repeats the same old story over, and over, and over
    My wife is won't trade in her car
    My wife won't make a job change
    My wife won't let me fix up our home
    My wife is afraid to invest in some stocks
    My wife is afraid to vote for fearing she will offended someone
    People stop by my house to listen to my time I was an EMT
    People stop by my home, because i have the prettiest home on the streets
    I am going to my high school reunion to dance with my old girlfriends, even though I am married
    BTW I took my wife to my class reunion, and my wife graduated from a different high school, and I only danced with my wife

And I find it totally disrespectful for a married person to belittle their the husband, or wife in public, or at work Yes I have worked with female Guards who do not have kind words to say about their husbands

Or some guard who tells you he is going to sue his sister for tossing him out of their parents townhouse , the same old story over, and over, and over

Or telling you their health problems I do not believe I am a cold hearted person, but I do not want to
    hear you had a nervous break down, or your a recovering alcoholic Or you have phobias
    Why are you telling me this? Each, and everyone of us have some health problem but Good Lord
    leave that at home

And some going on, over, and over, and over about politics One particular Guard, he and I agree on who we vote for, but Lord he is so radical, I work with another Guard who he, and I do not share
    the same view points, but he is a joy to work with

I do not want to hear about your family life at home if it is bad. You want to tell me you, and your wife had a fun time touring Scotland, or my wife, and I are adding new bathroom to our home I am all ears

but I not if your life is a total f*ck up

What ever happen to the days of going to work?
    STFU
    MYOB
    DO YOUR JOB
    GO HOME

Yes I would much prefer working alone
    Last edited by copelandamuffy; 08-26-2022, 11:39 PM.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X