Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condo Guard
    replied
    Correct, NR - I should not have included that incident in my Homeland Security post. They were career criminals with no political motive.

Leave a comment:

• The Night Rider
    replied
    North Hollywood was a bank robbery

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
    Oh, it is relevant, Copie. Washington state passed a bunch of feel good legislation last year that has completely backfired. One is the "no pursuit" law, which severely limits when police can pursue suspects. The other is a convoluted piece of dung that can strip an officer of their commission if they violate someone's rights. Every large department in this state has open positions that go unfilled.

How this relates to crime statistics is simple: if an officer doesn't respond to a call (for whatever reason), that call doesn't count as a crime, because there is no case # or incident #. Businesses no longer report property crimes because A) they rarely get solved, and B) it just makes their insurance rates go up or get cancelled if they file a claim. 4th degree assaults (especially if the suspect runs off) don't get reported because the victim doesn't want to stand around for an hour to 3 hours waiting for a squad car.

No politician or judge will be held accountable as long as they can "fudge the numbers," which is exactly what they're doing. Security departments need to train their officers to do accurate reports and keep good numbers on what happens at their sites - their statistics will be much more accurate.
    At some point the **** is going to hit the fan Not sure when, but the people will get fed up with weak judges, and politicians, and DA's

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    replied
    Oh, it is relevant, Copie. Washington state passed a bunch of feel good legislation last year that has completely backfired. One is the "no pursuit" law, which severely limits when police can pursue suspects. The other is a convoluted piece of dung that can strip an officer of their commission if they violate someone's rights. Every large department in this state has open positions that go unfilled.

How this relates to crime statistics is simple: if an officer doesn't respond to a call (for whatever reason), that call doesn't count as a crime, because there is no case # or incident #. Businesses no longer report property crimes because A) they rarely get solved, and B) it just makes their insurance rates go up or get cancelled if they file a claim. 4th degree assaults (especially if the suspect runs off) don't get reported because the victim doesn't want to stand around for an hour to 3 hours waiting for a squad car.

No politician or judge will be held accountable as long as they can "fudge the numbers," which is exactly what they're doing. Security departments need to train their officers to do accurate reports and keep good numbers on what happens at their sites - their statistics will be much more accurate.

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    Not sure of this can be related to the subject at hand But not far from my home is the City of Attleboro
    City of 35,000 souls
    https://www.attleboropolice.org/ need more six more police officers
    In the past Chief of Police received 300+ applicants for these jobs
    Now in 2022 jobs go begging
    Yes I wanted to be a police officer. But when you are 5'6" tall that weeds out people like me
    Now being a police officer in 2022? Not sure if i would want to be

But in the smaller towns of America, The Mayberry Police like Andy, and Barney are still appreciated

BTW Condo Guard Excellent view point

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    replied
    Without going to far down the rabbit hole (or rabbit holes), I think the pandemic and the George Floyd incident was "the perfect storm." The police are the most obvious sign of "authority," and I suspect dark forces saw it as an opportunity to weaken them and the public at large. The very simplistic concept of "ACAB" was brilliant - the young and the stupid lapped it up.

The lie Anifa told was you would be safer with NO cops. What should have been done was a concentrated effort to weed out the one to two percent of sociopaths that wind up in law enforcement, and then support the other 98% to 99% who do their job and care about their communities.

Our criminal justice system does a lousy job of rehabilitation. So, instead of reforming it, progressive judges just don't put people in prison. The problem is, when there is no prison bad people tend to just keep being bad, because there is no consequence.

So now the politicians at fault clamor to have toady reporters and academics "prove" to the people that crime is down, or its the price we pay for an "enlightened" society.

As Pacino said in that movie, "The whole system is out of order!"

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    As long as I have your undivided attention I live 10 minutes from https://www.newbedford-ma.gov/
    Mix of different minorities
    Want to know what they want most MORE NEW BEDFORD POLICE ON THE STREETS NOT LESS !

https://www.newbedfordpd.com/

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    This does not, and does relate to CG' s post
    https://www.wcvb.com/article/filthy-...-path/40793752

What kind of sick , demented bastard would do this
    Please Oh Lord make me Judge and Jerry for 24 hours
    The ass hole who did this would be locked in a steal box and left to cook somewhere in Arizona

&&&
    All I am doing is repeating the news in your city

https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news...uble-shooting/

Different city, same characters

&&&
    My humble belief the bad happens at home Again I chat with one of you, and this all begins at home
    Dad is druggie, and Mom in not so polite terms is whoring around

Okay it is now your turn to slap Condo Guard and I around Where big fellas and we can take it

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    Elvis nailed too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6am8V5KNJ4A

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    I don't even know where to begin on this subject
    How about a total lack of respect for police, authority, teachers, our bosses, our supervisors
    Is this related to Realty of Crime? I do not know

I have shared in a private email with one of you, someone who is close to me and dealing with local police
    Kids got caught breaking into an old abandon factory Police brought kids to local police station
    Police turned kids over to parents, because parents respected the police

I have a friend who is retired from the Providence Police https://www.providenceri.gov/police-department/
    Providence police is no Mayberry City of 180,000 souls
    The Good The Bad The Ugly

Begins at home
    4 year old Timmy is taught at home that COPS are bad
    8 year old Timmy spends his days at the Principal's for bad behavior
    13 year year old Timmy is suspended from school
    14 year old Timmy joins a street gang and has a shoot out with other gangs and dies

I live 10 minutes from New Bedford, Mass Police scanner is never quiet https://www.newbedfordpd.com/

Condo Guard nailed it

You have depleted police forces and "catch and release" policies from the prosecutors and judges.

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    started a topic The Reality of Crime

The Reality of Crime

Crime is a topic again in the news, because politicians are running for office and the crime statistics for 2021 have been released (in our state; the FBI released theirs at the end of May). Crime statistics are one of those areas where the numbers can easily be manipulated, without even any dishonesty - it relies on how you classify things. Selective comparisons to other years or even decades yields the conclusions you want to make. (A short but fascinating book is Darrell Huff's "How to Lie with Statistics," first published in 1954.)

"Reporting fatigue" seems to be a term reporters just don't want to delve into. So, they and the Chamber of Commerce will happily report that property crimes or minor assaults are down in this area or that area, when they absolutely are not. How can tell you crime is up? Well, if your city does merchant surveys and the local businesses say it is up, it's up. If security job postings have doubled or tripled on Craig's List or Indeed, crime is up.

There are a lot of comparisons to the 1990s. That era was the rise of the gangs, along with tons of crack cocaine in the inner cities. There was a lot of mayhem, but only in certain areas. Contrast that with now, where you have gangs, drug addicted petty criminals and violent mentally ill people roaming the streets all over. You have depleted police forces and "catch and release" policies from the prosecutors and judges. The comparison is not exact.

Here's a link to a fluff article trying to argue that crime in New York City isn't that bad. Notice how there is no real analysis, or even investigation into the causes of violent crime.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...=pocket-newtab
    Last edited by Condo Guard; 08-03-2022, 01:44 PM.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X