X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Night Rider
    replied
    Originally posted by copelandamuffy View Post

I don't care how you spin this but Veterans should receive 12 months non-stop of being honored As I type this our best friends son is somewhere in the Navy on a SUB His Mom worries every day about him There is a cemetery not far from my home for Veterans of Massachusetts Massachusetts finest, the men, and women who served our Country
    I mean, I did a career in the Army and I served with some real dirt bags. Just wearing a uniform does not impute honor to you.

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    Originally posted by PhantomX0990 View Post

Google is friend. Military has two months. May and November.

https://www.militaryonesource.mil/pr...milies%20Month.

https://www.uso.org/stories/2699-wha...eciation-month

(Neither did I, I went to Catholic school for 13 years, k-12.)

That's your choice. You are more than entitled to your beliefs, as long as they do not infringe upon the rights of others.
    I don't care how you spin this but Veterans should receive 12 months non-stop of being honored As I type this our best friends son is somewhere in the Navy on a SUB His Mom worries every day about him There is a cemetery not far from my home for Veterans of Massachusetts Massachusetts finest, the men, and women who served our Country

Leave a comment:

• PhantomX0990
    replied
    Originally posted by copelandamuffy View Post

LGBT get a whole month to celebrate. A WHOLE MONTH. We, me, United States Navy 1968-1974 get ONE DAY to celebrate . I know damn well there are Veterans who are on this forum VIETNAM VETERANS !!!
    Google is friend. Military has two months. May and November.

https://www.militaryonesource.mil/pr...milies%20Month.

https://www.uso.org/stories/2699-wha...eciation-month

Originally posted by The Night Rider View Post

This is still a very controversial subject. There are still quite a few people in America that believe that homosexual behavior is a sin (I'm one of them). As long as the BSA is made up primarily of children/young adults they IMO should maintain an absolutely neutral position. They don't acknowledge it at all. My children would certainly never march behind a rainbow flag and if their scouting troop was behind it they'd be taken out of Scouting. My children did not go to public school
    (Neither did I, I went to Catholic school for 13 years, k-12.)

That's your choice. You are more than entitled to your beliefs, as long as they do not infringe upon the rights of others.
    Last edited by PhantomX0990; 07-20-2022, 04:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Night Rider
    replied
    2 Timothy 3:1–5 NKJV

3 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!
    Last edited by The Night Rider; 07-20-2022, 11:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
    It wasn't me. I'm to old to ride a bike.
    Now that is funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajCyYn6hFPM
    Curtis, and I riding a bike

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
    I can only speak to Seattle, but there are a lot of "progressive" parents here that think that all of this is OK, because they're teaching their kids to "destroy the patriarchal paradigm" or whatever this week's catch phrase is. "Tolerance" means accepting anything and everything now. (Or maybe they're just jaded from watching 4000 homeless people shoot up, defecate and fight out in the open on a daily basis.)

As I said, our Scandinavian roots used to mean that people at least behaved themselves in public, and the police used to be there to make sure of that. I've say Seattle is now the "Wild West," but that isn't right - I'm pretty sure this stuff wasn't tolerated in those days.
    CG: I Googled, patriarchal paradigm" I came away more confused than understanding

"progressive" parents find it okay for their six year old daughter to bathe in a water fountain with a naked man?

"progressive" parents I am assuming in your home, Mom is not called Mom If Betty is her name the kids call her Betty
    Dad is not Dad, If his name is Ronald, he is called Ron ??

That will pretty much rule out Farther and Mothers day, in the homes of "progressive" parents

I am 72 years old, and my 46 year old my 47 year old daughter still calls me Dad

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    It wasn't me. I'm to old to ride a bike.

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    replied
    I can only speak to Seattle, but there are a lot of "progressive" parents here that think that all of this is OK, because they're teaching their kids to "destroy the patriarchal paradigm" or whatever this week's catch phrase is. "Tolerance" means accepting anything and everything now. (Or maybe they're just jaded from watching 4000 homeless people shoot up, defecate and fight out in the open on a daily basis.)

As I said, our Scandinavian roots used to mean that people at least behaved themselves in public, and the police used to be there to make sure of that. I've say Seattle is now the "Wild West," but that isn't right - I'm pretty sure this stuff wasn't tolerated in those days.

Leave a comment:

• The Night Rider
    replied
    Something we're overlooking in this discussion. As a parent, why would you expose your children to this? Even if you think it's appropriate adult behavior, is it appropriate adult behavior for children to witness?

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied

The true Hero's of any Military, you never hear beep from them
    Two cases
    Our next door neighbor Mr. Kelly, was a quiet man. Sadly his two sons were jerks Both ended up in the Hoosegow for drug possession Our neighbor's wife passed away first When Mr. Kelly died it was left to the neighbors to help clean up his home In the attic were metals, and rewards of bravery Mr. Kelly fought in the war with Japan, and was one very brave solder

When my Dad died he left notes of his fighting in the Pacific when he was in the Navy My Dad was a Signalman in the Navy My sister, my brother, and I never knew how brave a man he was He was always quiet about his Navy days

True CG about a lot of pedophiles are heterosexual men.

And true about a whole Month of supporting the Military The Libs would scream "They are Glorifying war"

Yes strong support for those communities close to Military bases Not far from the home I grew up in, was a Naval Air Station Citizens loved the Navy

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    replied
    To Phantom's point, there are extremists on both ends. (If you think heteros can't be disgusting, try watching the swinger's scene in the movie "Bruno." Not for faint of heart or the easily offended, for sure.) And I'll make the obvious point that a lot of pedophiles are heterosexual men. I do blame the media for the over the top stuff - remember, everything now is "click bait," the more shocking, the better.

I think the veteran thing depends on the community. A whole month would be nice, but you know there would be a backlash - "They're glorifying war!" I know the closer you get to the military bases around here, you see a lot of flags and a lot of signs supporting vets - all 12 months of the year. its nice to see.

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied

As a member of the LGBT community myself, I wish something like the boy scouts showed support when I was a kid.

Not everything about LGBT is sexualization. It's a community. It might be just letting a kid know that they are okay and it's okay to be different. Instead of feeling like they have to hide or other bull****. It might be a boy that's into makeup, or that wants to be a cheerleader, or whatever other breaking of social norms. IDK, just people immediately seeing a rainbow flag and seeing instead a neon SEX sign, just irks me a bit.
    LGBT get a whole month to celebrate. A WHOLE MONTH. We, me, United States Navy 1968-1974 get ONE DAY to celebrate . I know damn well there are Veterans who are on this forum VIETNAM VETERANS !!!

Each and every one of us lost a relative in some war For me, my Uncle in WW2, My wife lost a cousin in Vietnam How long before before Veterans day is pushed off as a National Holiday in the United States?

One to fly a Pride Flag outside city/town hall. fine. BUT damn well better be flying a POW/MIA flag along with flags of our Military's branches
    Last edited by copelandamuffy; 07-05-2022, 07:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Night Rider
    replied

As a member of the LGBT community myself, I wish something like the boy scouts showed support when I was a kid.

Not everything about LGBT is sexualization. It's a community. It might be just letting a kid know that they are okay and it's okay to be different. Instead of feeling like they have to hide or other bull****. It might be a boy that's into makeup, or that wants to be a cheerleader, or whatever other breaking of social norms. IDK, just people immediately seeing a rainbow flag and seeing instead a neon SEX sign, just irks me a bit.
    This is still a very controversial subject. There are still quite a few people in America that believe that homosexual behavior is a sin (I'm one of them). As long as the BSA is made up primarily of children/young adults they IMO should maintain an absolutely neutral position. They don't acknowledge it at all. My children would certainly never march behind a rainbow flag and if their scouting troop was behind it they'd be taken out of Scouting. My children did not go to public school
    Last edited by The Night Rider; 07-05-2022, 01:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    What's wrong with boy scouts carrying pride flags now? The rest I can understand the outrage.
    • One of the last videos are seen a community water fountain Clothes optional
    • Naked men swimming with little girls??

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied

That would be your community making that the reaction. Instead of concentrating on those exact points you bring up, they go off the deep end and create the hate. Look at TV, news, “outreach” etc. everything is militant. Even Muslims figured it out…

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X