Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Security opportunities: Pot Shops

https://komonews.com/news/local/pot-...will-be-costly

Washington has had a string of aggressive robberies over the past month, including, sadly, the death of a shop employee in Tacoma. As mentioned, weed shops have the two things criminals love: cash and drugs. As always, there is more to the story then presented. The other two problems are the lack of police and detectives in Seattle, and progressive judges who keep releasing suspects on low bail or no bail.

I don't think appealing to the Feds is going to go anywhere, because this isn't a "national" problem - its only the states where marijuana is legal. Personally, I wouldn't do this type of armed detail - both because of my personal beliefs and because these owners make a lot of money (even after taxes) - they could invest in top notch security measures, but that would cut into their bottom line.

I had a pot shop owner want me to write their policy and procedures a number of years ago. I very respectively declined and the owner wanted to argue with me about it.
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

I worked security at a Cannabis dispensary Yes it is legal here in Massachusetts. My biggest view point is costs of pot/weed. My Lord $200/$400 and up!!
      People drive in on ratty cars, and buy this for just a matter of ounces of this Oh yes tax is at 20% sales tax You can bet the towns and cities here in Massachusetts love the tax dollar$$ I work contract security For the year I was at this pot shop before being transferred, I encountered few problems People arrive happy, and leave happy. Oh yes we have to check one's driver's license Funny how you find out your fellow neighbors buy Cannabis One was my electrician He kind of looked embarrassed when he saw me in my security uniform
      http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

In CA, we have armed robberies and take overs. Drugs are drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by copelandamuffy View Post
          I worked security at a Cannabis dispensary Yes it is legal here in Massachusetts. My biggest view point is costs of pot/weed. My Lord $200/$400 and up!!
          People drive in on ratty cars, and buy this for just a matter of ounces of this Oh yes tax is at 20% sales tax You can bet the towns and cities here in Massachusetts love the tax dollar$$ I work contract security For the year I was at this pot shop before being transferred, I encountered few problems People arrive happy, and leave happy. Oh yes we have to check one's driver's license Funny how you find out your fellow neighbors buy Cannabis One was my electrician He kind of looked embarrassed when he saw me in my security uniform
          Ah yes Cope. The stories we could tell.
          Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
          Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post
            In CA, we have armed robberies and take overs. Drugs are drugs.
            Ok Soper, thread's about 2 get derailed...

Here's how cali politics work -

"Criminals are people too, unfortunate souls..."πŸ˜…

"What's that? This young man carjacked an 80 y/o grandma? Bond is set at $300...no wait...$250"🀬

"Hmm, let's see here...so this defendant was being ambushed in a knife attack by a schizophrenic homeless subject & shot them fatally, but look - defendant holds no type of firearm carry permit - that's a year in the state penitentiary, no days suspended"πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

DA/judge/prosecutors' basic MO & order of business in ur fine state

Start 2 see a clearer picture now?
            Last edited by The Enforcer; 04-25-2022, 10:01 AM.

Comment

It really cracks me up when these pot shop owners, who tend to be libertarians and liberals, are now screaming for the police and judges to assist them. I have 5 pot shops on the main road in the area where I live - that's more weed stores than Starbucks coffee shops. You can't tell me these guys aren't making money hand over fist.

They act like they're the only businesses that ever get robbed - there's a reason why 7-11s have drop safes, and the bank in the 'hood has a plexiglass shield at the teller counter.

I'm sorry if your customers don't feel "comfortable" with an armed guard, double doors or a bullet proof cage around the cash register. Bottom line: the owners are lazy and greedy, and bear *some* responsibility for what's going on.
              Last edited by Condo Guard; 04-26-2022, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Enforcer View Post

Ok Soper, thread's about 2 get derailed...

Here's how cali politics work -

"Criminals are people too, unfortunate souls..."πŸ˜…

"What's that? This young man carjacked an 80 y/o grandma? Bond is set at $300...no wait...$250"🀬

"Hmm, let's see here...so this defendant was being ambushed in a knife attack by a schizophrenic homeless subject & shot them fatally, but look - defendant holds no type of firearm carry permit - that's a year in the state penitentiary, no days suspended"πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

DA/judge/prosecutors' basic MO & order of business in ur fine state

Start 2 see a clearer picture now?
                And your mindless point is..?

Comment

Just trying to point out the reasons for the above problems - which YOU yourself chose to stress & bring up

Comment

Bro you are wound WAY too tight. Maybe you should patronize a pot shop

Comment

Originally posted by The Night Rider View Post

Bro you are wound WAY too tight. Maybe you should patronize a pot shop
                      I’m not your β€œBro”.

Stop posting drivel and made up stories.

Comment

I’m not your β€œBro”.

Stop posting drivel and made up stories.
                        Whatever you say Bro

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X