Taser pulse duty carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taser pulse duty carry

Are there any issues with carrying a taser pulse on duty instead of taser M26/X26/X2 normally carried by uniformed police and security officers? Are there any disadvantages other than being restricted to the 15 foot cartridge of Taser Pulse? Considering the significant price difference (Pulse for $350 vs other tasers for $600 and up) I would love to hear everyone’s thoughts on this one.

Does your State allow it?

Comment

The whole point of the the Taser Pulse is to hit the suspect and then you set it down on the ground and run, while it delivers a 30 second ride to the suspect (which, from my experience, will leave them severely disorientated and confused). Therefore, if your state law and company policy state that you are only to use them for a zap-and-run type scenario, then sure. However, I would prefer the x26/x2 because they will be less harmful to the suspect and you can then go in and handcuff the person, if policy and law allow (which, if you are carrying cuffs, they probably do).

Comment

The duty of care scenario applies if your state requires it. in WA you are required to detain if the situation escalates to use of force. You then have to offer aid or call EMTs if the suspect requests it. Obviously if the subject runs away then you don't have to pursue them just to offer help.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X